Gnocchi with buffalo mozzarella and whole cherry tomatoes sauce
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 600 g gnocchi pasta
- 200 g buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 springs basil (fresh)
- 1/3 tsp italian herbs (mixed)
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 4 tbsp cherry tomato and basil sauce (whole) *
- 200 g tomato sauce (like pasatta)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped, or grated)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1/4 tsp oregano (dry)
- 1/4 tsp basil (dry)
- 1 tsp cane sugar (unrefined) (or 1 tbsp of honey)
- 6-7 cherry tomato (tiny little ones)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- basil (fresh) (to garnish)
If you want to make your own tomato sauce, start by putting a pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, onion and salt. Cook for 10 min. Add few drops of water from time to time until onion is quite nice and soft. After the 10 min or so of cooking the onion add the tomato sauce, the Worcester sauce, the sugar or honey and the herbs. Cook on low heat for 10-12 min until it reduces down quite well. It really depends on how thick or watery this is. In the last 3-4 min of cooking, add the cherry tomatoes.
While sauce simmers down, place a pan over medium heat with water and a bit of salt. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions but they need no longer than 3 min.
Flake the buffalo mozzarella cheese and set aside on a plate.
Place the boiled gnocchi in a frying pan over a medium heat with a tiny knob of butter. Cook for 2 min tossing regularly so that they don't stick.
Remove the gnocchi pasta from the pan and place on the serving dish.
If you wish to eat this hot sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over followed by the tomato sauce. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and the Italian mixed herbs over.
Garnish with some fresh basil leaves and serve. Simple and beautiful. The taste..oh!!... coming straight from heaven. ??
* You can prepare your own (homemade) tomato and basil sauce or replace it with pesto sauce.
You could also add some pine nuts. Gorgeous taste!
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 1049mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1930IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 1165mg | Iron: 6.4mg