This is a delicious way to have prawns/shrimp with plenty of mixed salad leaves, cucumber and radish with a lavish amount of this beautiful sauce that you could choose to go the proper grown up way and add a little brandy. A must try !
Start by making the dressing/sauce in a bowl by mixing the yoghurt, mayo, ketchup, the lemon juice, the brandy (if you decided to use) and the salt n’ pepper. Add a the little sriracha sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper if you want a little kick.
I don’t normally butter my bread but if you wish obviously you can do that, but I do sometimes is spread some nice and rich cheese such as a Gorgonzola or any creamy tasty cheese on the bread. Oh, I love that!! Bring it on!!
I’m not really a butter person but I’d never say no to any good old cheese. Oh, la, la!🧀👌
Few topping combinations and ideas as mentioned:
• blue cheese, pear and hazelnut;
• roast beef, horseradish, and pickle;
• pickled herring ( another one of my
• smoked salmon creme cheese and dill;
• roasted tomato and cream cheese;
• tuna melts with red onion and Parmesan;
• prosciutto with peach and feta cheese crumbles
• prosciutto with cucumber and hummus
• hummus olives cucumber and smoked salmon;
• boiled egg with prawns and avocado;
• calamari instead of prawns 🍤
Seriously the options are endless. Just open your fridge and see what do you see/have in there that would make a delicious open sandwich.
Truthfully the topping is very important obviously for this to come out a treat, but for me what it really makes the sandwich special is the actual bread.
I really like making my own bread and I never make a plain white bread... I just go crazy with seeds, spirulina, spelt flour, Graham flour, malted one with seeds like I have just made yesterday. Some more bread recipes are on the way.
Here is for now a recipe for a nice homemade spelt flour bread.