Try this ultimate asparagus quiche, a seasonal and so delicious expression of spring, with halloumi cheese in a light filo base
* The salt amount added should be very small since the Halloumi cheese is already salty and provides almost all needed salt. A salty quiche is not nice.
* you don’t like asparagus? Replace it with broccoli or broccolini florets, spinach, Swiss chard, spring greens, cherry tomatoes, peppers and other veggies that you may like.
* I really like the oregano addition and the nutmeg but the nutmeg should not be more than a two not three finger pinch. It has a strong flavour and will overpower.
* Other alternatives in the event that you do not want it a vegetarian option are by adding chorizo, bacon, sausages, lardons, gammon, smoked salmon but also you can add any cheese you may like - I particularly like it with gruyere (the pinnacle of any traditional Swiss cheeses or a few crumbles of Stilton which for me is the queen of English cheeses- it is wow!
* The weirdest ingredient I have ever added to a quiche was....guess...... walnuts! P U R E D E L I C I O U S N E S S! Dare and try!
Thank you so much for stopping by!