Sugar free power snack squares
These power snack squares are a sugar-free energetic booster, harnessing the power of several nutrients and phytochemicals. Ideal for making in advance and enjoying any time when sugar cravings kick in.
Servings 30 squares
- 12 tbsp oats (organic) jumbo rolled
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (organic)
- 2 tbsp goji berries (organic)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (organic)
- 1 tsp baobab powder (organic)
- 1 tsp camu camu powder (organic)
- 1 tsp maca powder (organic)
- 2 tbsp coconut (organic) desiccated
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp nuts (organic, chopped) hazelnuts, cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts
- 2 tbsp honey (organic)
- 50 g dark chocolate (organic) 70%
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (organic) extra virgin
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients ( oats, Chia seeds, Goji berries, Cocoa powder, Baobab , Camu Camu and the Maca powder, the desiccated Coconut, Poppy seeds, Sea Salt and the mixed nuts chopped).
Place a glass bowl over a pot with boiling water where all the remainder ingredients have been put in ( the honey, dark chocolate, coconut oil and the peanut butter). Stir well until they homogenized well.
Pour the liquid ingredients as soon as they have melted over the dry ingredients and mix together well.
Place the mix over a parchment paper and spread it into a layer of around 1 cm thick.
Put in the fridge for 1 hour then take out and cut into squares.
Put the squares on a serving plate and put back in the fridge. If you want to avoid the chocolaty finish spread some desiccated coconut over it when you finished making it and before the initial fridge resting.
Enjoy the ride! This is an energy booster and such a wonderful goodness-packed snack!
Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg