Truffle, mushroom, rice and mountain lentil pilaf
Enjoy this perfect combo of rice, mushrooms and truffle, an excellent side or main dish, vegetarian or combined with a nice piece of meat, ideal for a nice dinner or a big party.
Servings 4 people
- 150 g turtle lentils or mountain lentils organic
- 550 ml vegetable stock or chicken
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium leek chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp sumac powder optional
- 6-7 medium chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 medium truffle to grate or shave *
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red chilli sliced
In a deeper pan (ideally nonstick) put olive oil and chopped onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the finely chopped mushrooms, the shredded leek and the diced celery stalks, salt, pepper and the turmeric powder. Add some water or stock (approx 400ml) cover and cook until the water begins to simmer.
Add the washed rice and lentils, stir and cook on low heat for about 10 min from boiling point on low heat and covered. Add a drizzle of stock every now and again if your rice absorbed it all or if you'd like the rice to be juicier.
Dish out your rice, sprinkle some fresh herbs along with some sumac and even some red chilli if you fancy.
Serve hot or cold by itself or as a side dish to any meat.
Truffle, mushroom, rice and mountain lentil pilaf plate
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1442mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4mg