They are delicious! ?? I haven’t got a lot more to say. Pancakes are….. simply pancakes. ??
I could eat pancakes easily every meal of the day and I am sure you could easily do that too! ??????
These with a cuppa coffee…. no need for anything else ….
Quick weekend apple pancakes
- 180 g white flour (organic)
- 100 g oat bran
- 2 apples (organic)
- 2 large eggs (organic)
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (organic)
- 3 drops cardamon extract
- 40 g almond flour
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar (organic)
- 20 g coconut oil (organic)
- 180-200 ml oat milk (organic)
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- Wash and slice the apples into thin slices. Leave skin on unless apples are not organic. If non-organic peel them.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a larger bowl ( flours, oat bran, salt, chia seeds), add soda bicarbonate mixed with the vinegar.
- Add to the dry ingredients the eggs, ricotta cheese, melted coconut oil, apple sauce, cardamom extract and mix very well. Slowly add while mixing, the oats milk.
- Take your pan(s) out, place on low heat, brush tiny amount of coconut oil. Place 4-5 slices of apples and cook on both sides. I say pans because I normally put a pan on every burner so I finish cooking them pretty fast. I want to tack in fairly quickly, naturally. ??
- When the apples have cooked slightly on both sides pour over each apple ring some pancake mix enough to just cover the apple. When it has browned slightly turn over and cook on the other side. Repeat until you have finished all the batter and apple rings.
- Sprinkle some vanilla icing sugar or a bit of cinnamon powder and serve with a topping of your choice. Jam, marmalade, Nutella, melted chocolate or even some lovely vanilla ice cream or even all at once!! why not? treat your taste buds!! Go for it! ?????