A quickly prepared chicken and beef pastrami salad, with some chunky cucumber and tomatoes to boot.
This chicken and beef pastrami recipe is very quick to prepare and it can be served in pita pockets as suggested or with a nice crusty rustic homemade bread. Great for a work packed lunch or a picnic.
Chicken and beef pastrami salad
- chopping board
- glass bowl
- wooden spoon
- 200 g chicken breast (7.05 oz) cooked
- 200 g beef pastrami (7.05 oz) roast beef slices
- 1/2 large iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 medium cucumber organic
- 100 g cherry tomatoes (3.53 oz)
- 10 sprigs parsley fresh - chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salad cream
- 100 g yoghurt (3.38 floz)
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash the cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce thoroughly and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Put the yoghurt, mayonnaise and salad cream in a bowl mix well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes as well as the chicken and the beef pastrami. Put all in a bowl.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture over the meat and the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve as it is or in pitta bread pockets.