A quick to prepare chicken and beef pastrami salad, with some chunky cucumber and tomatoes makes that perfect sandwich or pita filler. Great to grab for a work lunch, to take out for a picnic or simply grab and go.
This chicken and beef pastrami salad recipe is a life saviour - it is a very quick one to prepare it is delicious and it can be served in pita pockets as suggested or with a nice crusty rustic homemade bread as an opened sandwich or a regular closed sandwich. Great for a work packed lunch, to take for a potluck or to make for a picnic.
- pre-cooked chicken breast - turkey breast can also be used
- beef pastrami
- iceberg lettuce
- cucumber organic
- cherry tomatoes
- parsley fresh - chopped
- mayonnaise - use a healthier homemade mayo for the best flavour
- salad cream (this is optional and can be left out as it is not so popular in many countries but only the UK from what I know
- sea salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare this chicken and beef pastrami salad?
Anyone can make this beef pastrami salad and right now I am thinking what a time saviour this can be for someone that is panicking to come up with something to eat, grab and go, someone like a student for instance.
Here's how to put this salad dish together:
- gather all the ingredients and wash the ones that require washing;
- take a bowl, a knife and a chopping board out;
- chop, dice ot cut them to your liking
- Add the mayo, yoghurt, salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all and tada!!
Let's just get some chop chop-ping done!
Chicken and beef pastrami salad
- chopping board
- glass bowl
- wooden spoon
- 200 g chicken breast (7.05 oz) cooked
- 200 g beef pastrami (7.05 oz) roast beef slices
- 1/2 large iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 medium cucumber organic
- 100 g cherry tomatoes (3.53 oz)
- 10 sprigs parsley fresh - chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salad cream
- 100 g yoghurt (3.38 floz)
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash the cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce thoroughly and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Put the yoghurt, mayonnaise and salad cream in a bowl mix well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes as well as the chicken and the beef pastrami. Put all in a bowl.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture over the meat and the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve as it is or in pitta bread pockets.
Betty G says
Made this yesterday and took it for a picnic. I did put them separately (pita bread and the salad into a plastic container and assembled it all on the spot before eating). I used dill instead of parsley and added a little more mayo.
It was beyond delicious and thoroughly enjoyed by us all - 8 people said a big thank you for this recipe. Such a winner with kids too. Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes Ramona - I am so keen to try your calamari recipe now 😉