This lentil and roast vegetables salad is a simplified and equally delicious recipe, adding a flavorful and nutty taste to any meat or fish main dish. Although it can serve as a side dish can be very easily served on its own as a good source of vegetable protein and so many vitamins.
This roast vegetables salad recipe is yet again one of those really easy to make ones, a truly healthy option and totally hassle-free.
You don't need to stay in the kitchen so you can do a million other things while dinner is getting ready. Multitasking nowadays is very important, at least that's the way I feel it has to be because somehow we have so much more things we want to do but stay healthy too so recipes like this are real gems in so many ways. Time-saving and good nutrition is what it is all about these days when it comes to food and recipes, I am sure you agree.
It delivers the veggies intake and the healthy option of low GI carbs which is really good for your health.
If you like this dish, you may also like these :
- Eggs, spicy lamb koftas and salad boats
- All seasons orzo, halloumi and olive salad
- Swiss chard, salmon, turmeric and fresh lovage warm salad with acini de Pepe pasta
It is not laborious to prepare at all but definitely divinely delicious, take my word for that!
Lentil and roast vegetables salad
- chopping board
- ovenproof dish
- 350 g lentils (12.35 oz) (organic)
- 1 large courgette (organic)
- 2 medium onions red (organic)
- 1 head cauliflower (organic)
- 2 large carrots (organic)
- 2 bunches cherry tomatoes on vine
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 small-medium pepper red or yellow (organic)
- drizzle olive oil
- himalayan salt or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Wash thoroughly the lentils cover them with water and boil for about 15 to 20 minutes with a bit of salt; best to follow instructions on the pack as the time depends on the type of lentil so cooking time may differ.
- Peel and/or wash all the vegetables as needed. Cut/chop as you wish but preferably bigger chunks.
- Place all the vegetables in a large tray so that they have some space between rather than being all stuck up if not enough space use two trays. Sprinkle some Olive oil all over the veggies, some salt and place in the oven for about 25 minutes or so. Take out, mix and turn them a little and put them back in the oven for 15 more minutes or more all depending on how cooked you want them to be if you want them crispy then leave them for a little longer. Just keep an eye on them and take them whenever you like the way they look ☺️
- Sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on the lentils and the vegetables and mix together. The salad is ready to be served. Enjoy it as a side to any meat or fish or on its own.
Leave a Reply