This lentil and roast vegetables salad is a simplified and equally delicious recipe, adding a flavorful and nutty taste to any meat or fish main dish. Although it can serve as a side dish can be very easily serven on its own as a good source of vegetable protein and so many vitamins.
Lentil and roast vegetables salad
- 350 g lentils (organic)
- 1 large courgette (organic)
- 2 onions red (organic)
- 1 head cauliflower (organic)
- 2 large carrots (organic)
- 2 bunches cherry tomatoes on vine
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 pepper red or yellow (organic)
- olive oil
- himalayan salt or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Wash thoroughly the lentils cover them with water and boil for about 15 to 20 minutes with a bit of salt; best to follow instructions on the pack as depending to the type of lentil cooking time differs.
- Peel and/or wash all the vegetables as needed. Cut/chop as you wish but preferably big chunks.
- Place all the vegetables in a large tray so that they have some space between rather than being all stuck up if not enough space use two trays. Sprinkle some Olive oil all over the veggies, some salt and place in the oven for about 25 minutes or so. Take out, mix and turn them a little and put them back in the oven for 15 more minutes or more all depending on how cooked you want them to be if you're want them crispy then leave them for a little longer. Just keep an eye on them and take them whenever you like the way they look ☺️
- Sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on the lentils and the vegetables and mix together. The salad is ready to be served. Enjoy it as a side to any meat or fish or on its own.