Who doesn’t like a coconut dessert? Well, I do know a couple of people that are not the biggest coconut fans but most I know, will absolutely love this super lush dessert.
It is gluten free, it is absolutely perfect sweetness wise (for my taste buds), it has a lovely soft, creamy, velvety texture – in one word, it is heavely and soooooo LOVELY?.
I am not sure if this is your type of dessert but you have guessed it, it is definitely mine. Made it only about 4 times in the last 3 weeks alone ? ? and this is because this coconut, milk and eggs delight is unbelievably good and kids kept on wanting it more and more, not to mention myself. Of course it was the kids and mummy obeyed every single time ?
It is something pretty similar with the crème caramel (I will post this delicious recipe very soon) that my mum used to make when I was a kid which I used to love so much. She still does and I still love it ? very, very much.
So, as I was saying, this recipe is pretty similar to that with the only difference that it replaces one or two ingredients. So, if you like crème caramel, you will love this crème coconut.
I will tell you all about it in a second but if coconut is your thing as much as it’s mine, go for it! Just strart looking for the ingredients in your pantry now. Absolutely go for it!? It is definitely the best pudding you’ve had in years. It’s a promise?
I will tell you what I adore about this dessert, well, of course firstly it’s its texture that is moist and milky, its coconutty taste and the desiccated coconut texture and sweetness at the top of the milky bit.
It’s what it really makes it simply divine! ? Try it and you will see where I come from and what I’m going on about.
I meant to put this recipe up for quite a while but now, I have to because I’ve been told so by quite few of my friends ?. Here it is guys!! Sorry about the pictures but if you absolutely insist, I have no choice but to post those. Will try some better shots when I get to.
Here’s this super easy 5 ingredients recipe as I do know you really want to see it on your plate and get to bake it now?.
- 397 g condensed milk 1 can
- 270 ml coconut milk 2/3 of a 400 ml can
- 4 whole eggs
- 330 ml milk
- 110 g coconut (desiccated)
- Preheat the oven at 190 C (375 F). This recipe will have the simplest ever instruction as you will need to mix all ingredients in a bowl, whisk nicely to incorporate everything. Place in a pre-greased oven dish (approx 9-10 in) or ramekins.
- Pour over the mixture into desired baking dishes.
- Bake at 190 C for 20-35 min depending on the dish size. It is easy to say when is ready. The beautiful golden colour will be the best indicator as well as the fact that it becomes nice and solid so another way of testing it for readiness is to touch the top of the desert with your finger (mainly by the middle area if the dish is a larger one). If it feels solid, it's done.