I love making this especially at the weekend Not because they take time or anything but for some reason I enjoy having them with my kids at the weekend. My kids ask for these again and again….!! And that is because they’re cute and truly delicious.
This omelette has a unique taste thanks to the mozzarella cheese. They’re so easy to prepare above the fact that these omelette cupcakes are pretty healthy too. ???
Mozzarella cheese can be replaced by any other cheese but to me and my taste buds real Mozzarella’s is ….. unique!? Don’t you find?
Fabulously quick breakfast that is filling and nutritious for you and your lovely family
Try it and let me know what you have thought of these tasty cuties.
We just love it!!! ?
Scrumptious egg and bacon cupcake omelette
- 3 eggs (organic)
- 30 ml milk (organic), full fat
- 100 g egg whites
- 200 g bacon or prosciutto
- 80 g spinach
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche creme cheese
- pepper freshly ground
- chilli (red or green) to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius.
- You could certainly use the spinach fresh but, out of my experience I'd just wash it and place it in a bowl and pour some boiling water over just to wilt it a little so it gets easier to handle.
- n bowl mix the eggs, egg whites, pepper, some milk, half of the cheese and the wilted spinach, the cheese/creme fraîche.
- Cut the bacon into half lengthwise so it becomes long strips. Trim some of the fat off if you prefer.
- In a silicone muffin tray place on the edge a bacon strip (thinner if the bacon has not been de-salted). Pour in (half full) the egg mixture. Sprinkle few sunflower seeds and some more grated mozzarella cheese on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 C.