I love making these egg and bacon omelette cupcakes, especially at the weekend. Not because they take the time or anything but for some reason, I enjoy having them with my kids at the weekend. My kids ask for these again and again....!! And that is because they’re cute and truly delicious.
This omelette has a unique taste thanks to the buffalo mozzarella cheese. They’re so easy to prepare above the fact that these omelette cupcakes are pretty healthy too.
Mozzarella cheese can be substituted by any other cheese but to me and my taste buds, the real buffalo mozzarella is definitely the best. I am sure you agree.
The cupcake omelette makes a fabulously quick baked breakfast that is filling and nutritious, a superb start for you and your family.
I just love these breakfast recipes that can be prepared the night before, you just put the oven on and breakfast is getting ready while you get ready for work or just the day. Quick and delicious.
Try it and let me know what you have thought of these tasty cuties.
We just love it so let's just put the oven on as these will come along super fast.
Scrumptious egg and bacon cupcake omelette
- 3 eggs (organic)
- 30 ml milk (1.01 floz) (organic), full fat
- 100 g egg whites (3.53 oz)
- 200 g bacon (7.05 oz) or prosciutto
- 80 g spinach (2.82 oz)
- 150 g mozzarella cheese (5.29 oz)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche creme cheese
- pepper freshly ground
- chilli (red or green) to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- You could certainly use the spinach fresh but, out of my experience, I'd just wash it and place it in a bowl, pour some boiling water over just to wilt it a little so it gets easier to handle.
- In a glass bowl mix the eggs, egg whites, pepper, the milk, half of the cheese and the wilted spinach, the cheese/creme fraîche.
- Cut the bacon into half lengthwise so it becomes long strips. Trim some of the fat off if you prefer.
- In a silicone muffin tray place on the edge a bacon strip (thinner if the bacon has not been de-salted). Pour in (half full) the egg mixture. Sprinkle few sunflower seeds and some more grated mozzarella cheese on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200°C or 400F.
- When ready, take out and serve pretty immediately but served cold are also delicious.