This homemade chocolate recipe is the recipe my grandma used to make when I was a kid and we used to love it so much that we used to steal the squares as she was cutting them. We were 6-7 grandkids, sometimes more. By the time she was done with the cutting we were almost done with eating but making sure we were in line and not too behind with eating it. Munchkins!
This is a very simple yet absolutely delicious homemade chocolate dessert, with just organic ingredients.
How to make homemade chocolate?
The only ingredient that you will need to probably look for buying that you may not have in the pantry cupboard is the milk powder. I buy my organic milk powder online.
Making your own homemade chocolate is very simple, all you need to do is :
- mix the dry ingredients all together
- make a syrup from the sugar and the water, melt the butter in this
- mix with the syrup and butter mixture with the dry ingredients
- spread on to a baking silicone matt or parchment paper
- allow to cool in the fridge for some time
This homemade chocolate recipe, like I was saying earlier, is the original recipe of my beloved grandmother which she shared with me.
She used to make this for us all almost every holiday we were visiting and we just loved her so much more for making this 'ciocolata de casa' for us. It was the best! The chocolate and her for making it.
So, for me this recipe is joy, it's childhood, it's holiday mood, is happiness and above all, it's just lovely memories.... therefore, relax and fully enjoy!
The chocolate is quick to prepare but I am warning you, it is as quick to disappear too! It will never last for more than a few hours in here.
Other recipes you may like :
- Grandma’s twisted French toast or ‘frigănele’
- 17 Ultimate Chocolate Desserts for All Tastes
- Grandma's meatball soup Recipe
- Double coffee lush chocolate cake
- Marbled chocolate, mini marshmallows and peanut bars
- Super nutritious choco-clusters
All a real treat. Enjoy!
Delicious Homemade Chocolate
- wooden spoon
- parchment paper
- 100 ml water
- 180 g unrefined sugar
- 120 g butter organic
- 270 g milk powder organic
- 50 g cocoa best is cacao powder for this recipe
- 50 g nuts I used peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts
- Mix the dry ingredients, the milk powder and cocoa and then sieve together into a bowl.
- Separately, boil the water and the sugar to obtain a syrup which you need to leave on the heat for a further 6 minutes from the moment it starts boiling. After 6 mins remove the syrup from the heat, add the butter and stir until all butter has melted.
- Meanwhile, put the nuts in a pan and slightly roast for 1 min by tossing them constantly. Be careful, due to high oil content, they burn fast. Let them cool for 2 minutes and then chop them slightly.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a tray lined with baking paper, level with a knife and let it cool for 4-5 hours. If you are in a hurry, which you may be in as it's hard to wait that long for such a divine dessert, put it in the fridge for 1 hour or so, or for even faster results, place it in the freezer for half an hour.
- Cut it into your desired sizes and shapes and serve.