This is very simple yet absolutely delicious home made chocolate dessert, with just organic ingredients.
How to make the best home made chocolate?
The only ingredient that you will need to probably look for buying that you may not have in the pantry cupboard is the milk powder. I buy my organic milk powder online.
Making your own homemade chocolate is very simple, all you need to is to
- mix the dry ingredients all together
- make a syrup from the sugar and the water, melt the butter in this
- mix with the syrup and butter mixture with the dry ingredients
- spread on to a baking silicone matt or parchment paper
- allow to cool in the fridge for some time
This recipe for this home made chocolate recipe is the recipe my lovely grandmother shared with me. She used to make this for us all and we just loved her so much more for making this ‘ciocolata de casa’ for us. So, for me this recipe is joy, is childhood, it’s holiday mood, is happiness, it’s just…..relax and fully enjoy!
The chocolate can be prepared very quickly but I am warning you, it is as quick to disappear. It will never last for more than a few hours in here.
Other dessert recipes you may like :
- Double coffee lush chocolate cake
- Marbled chocolate, mini marshmallows and peanut bars
- Super nutritious choco-clusters
All a real treat. Enjoy!
Delicious Home made chocolate
- wooden spoon
- parchment paper
- 100 ml water
- 180 g unrefined sugar
- 120 g butter organic
- 270 g milk powder organic
- 50 g cocoa best is cacao powder for this recipe
- 50 g nuts I used peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts
- Mix the dry ingredients, the milk powder and cocoa and then sieve together into a bowl.
- Separately, boil the water and the sugar to obtain a syrup which you need leave on the heat for a further 6 minutes from the moment it starts boiling. After the 6 mins remove the syrup from the heat, add the butter and stir until all butter has melted.
- Meanwhile, put the nuts in a pan and slightly roast for 1 min by tossing them constantly. Be careful, due to high oil content, they burn fast. Let them cool for 2 minutes and then chop them slightly.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Put the composition into a tray lined with baking paper, level with a knife and let it cool for 4-5 hours. If you are in a hurry and I'm sure you will be as it's hard to wait for such a divine dessert, put in the fridge for 1 hour or so, or for even faster results, place it in the freezer for half an hour.
- Cut it into your desired sizes and shapes and serve.