This is very simple and absolutely delicious homemade desert, with organic ingredients.
I have this homemade chocolate recipe from my grandma. She used to make this for us all and we just loved her so much more for making this for us. So, for me this recipe is joy, is holiday, is happiness, it’s just…..relax and fully enjoy!
The chocolate can be prepared very quickly but I am warning you, it is as easy and quick to vanish!!.
It’s a real treat! You must try it.
Home made chocolate
- 100 ml water
- 180 g organic unrefined sugar
- 120 g organic butter
- 270 g organic milk powder
- 50 g organic cocoa
- 50 g organic nuts peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts
- Mix the dry ingredients, the milk powder and cocoa and then sieve together into a bowl.
- Separately, boil the water and the sugar to obtain a syrup which you need leave on the heat for a further 6 minutes from the moment it starts boiling. After the 6 mins remove the syrup from the heat, add the butter and stir until all butter has melted.
- Meanwhile put the nuts in a pan and slightly roast for 1 min by tossing them constantly. Be careful, due to high oil content, they burn fast. Let them cool for 2 minutes and then chop them slightly.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Put the composition into a tray lined with baking paper, level with a knife and let it cool for 4-5 hours. If you are in a hurry and I'm sure you will be as it's hard to wait for such a divine desert, put in the fridge for 1 hour or so, or for even faster results, place it in the freezer for half an hour.
- Cut it into your desired sizes and shapes and serve.