Oh, yes, this is truly a heavenly nuts and ricotta cheese cake. Every time I make this cake I feel like I take a trip to heaven and came back.
I always liked and truly love cooking but baking??!!! No, not quite, until I’ve had the kids and you know how this adventure of having little ones can change your entire life. Well, it certainly made loads of changes in my life and one of them is that I’ve started baking.
I do enjoy it now though and what I enjoy most is trying baking new stuff that I’ve never made and what I mostly enjoy lately, especially in baking, is trying healthy recipes – trying to get away from the traditional flour, butter, eggs types of cakes.
Browse around my blog to find a lot more healthier dessert recipes.
This nuts and ricotta cheese cake is a traditional type of cake …. it is divinely tasty and it is one of those recipes that you will want to make again and again. Encore et encore!!
I am not sure you have (I am sure you do) some dishes whether savoury or sweet that bring you lovely childhood memories. Well, this is definitely one of those that my grandma used to make and the smell….. omg!
I do have memories of horrible dishes ( at the time) as they are no longer a nightmare like liver and peas. Oh my! I did not like these but I do now ;-). Taste change over time, right? I cannot think of something right now that I dislike as much as disliked these two as a kid. Oh, wait, I actually do. Snails and oysters. A big fat NO from me.
Let me know what you think of this cake and how did it come out for you? Here are a few more desserts/cakes recipes to enjoy!
Let’s get baking!!
Heavenly mixed nuts and ricotta cheese cake
- 16’ tin or 16×25 cm
- Freestanding mixer
- 230 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 5 large eggs
- 150 g cane/palm sugar
- 2 sachets vanilla sugar
- 200 g nuts (mixed) I use almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 120 g white chocolate Grated or finely chopped
- 80 g creme fraiche
- 3 g baking powder ( approximately 1 tsp- shaved)
- 3 g soda bicarbonate 1 tsp shaved
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp almond flakes
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare a 16′ baking tin by lining is with baking paper or butter around the inside of the tin until the sides and the base are coated lightly.
- In an electric mixer bowl put the butter (room temperature), the eggs, a pinch of salt, the sugar and the vanilla sugar. Mix for about 3 minutes at a high speed.
- Add ricotta cheese and the creme fraiche and after beating these two untill fluffy, add the baking powder and the soda bicarbonate – the two mixed separately with 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Fold gently into the cake batter and set aside for 2 minutes.
- If you don't have ready ground mixed nuts, use a food processor to grind them. Just whizz them few times until they get to a coarse almond flour. Done!
- Add the nuts mixed with the flour and the chopped/grated white chocolate to the mixture by folding them gently in with a spatula.
- Place the cake mixture in the prepared baking tin and sprinkle the almond flakes all over its surface.
- Bake for 50 min at 180 C until it is nice and golden on top. Do the toothpick test in the middle to make sure it comes out clean.
- When finished baking turn the oven off and leave the door slightly open. I normally put a kitchen towel and close the door on that, leaving a 10 cm opening. Allow it to cool. Take out when cool, sprinkle some icing sugar and fully enjoy it!