Oh, yes, this is truly a heavenly nuts and ricotta cheese cake. Every time I make this cake I feel like I take a trip to heaven and came back.
I always liked and truly love cooking but baking??!!! No, not quite, until I’ve had the kids and you know how this adventure of having little ones can change your entire life. Well, it certainly made loads of changes in my life and one of them is that I’ve started baking.
I do enjoy it now though and what I enjoy most is trying baking new stuff that I’ve never made and what I mostly enjoy lately, especially in baking, is trying healthy recipes – trying to get away from the traditional flour, butter, eggs types of cakes.
Browse around my blog to find a lot more healthy dessert recipes.
This is a traditional type of cake but…. it is divinely tasty and it is one of those recipes that you will want to make again and again. Encore et encore!!
Let me know what you think of it.
Heavenly mixed nuts and ricotta cheese cake
- 230 g flour
- 230 g butter
- 5 large eggs
- 150 g cane/palm sugar
- 2 sachets vanilla
- 200 g nuts (mixed)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 120 g white chocolate
- 50 g creme fraiche
- 16 g baking powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp almond flakes
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare a 16' baking tin by lining is with baking paper or butter around the inside of the tin until the sides and the base are coated lightly.
- In an electric mixer bowl put the butter (room temperature), the eggs, a pinch of salt, the sugar and the vanilla sugar. Mix for about 3 minutes at a high speed.
- Add ricotta cheese creme fraîche, the baking powder and the soda bicarbonate mixed separately with the vinegar.
- Add the creme fraîche after beating it until fluffy. Fold this in gently into the cake batter and set aside for 2 min.
- If you don't have ready grounded mixed nuts, use a food processor to grind them. Just whizz them few times. Done!
- Add the nuts to the mixture by folding them in with a spatula.
- Place the cake mixture in the prepared baking tin and sprinkle the almond flakes all over its the surface.
- Bake for 50 min at 180 C until it is nice and golden on top.
- When finished baking switch off the oven and slightly open the oven door. Allow it to cool. Take out after sprinkle some icing sugar and fully enjoy it!