Oh, yes, this is a truly heavenly cake containing nuts and ricotta cheese. Every time I make this cake I feel like I take a trip to heaven and came back.
I always liked and truly love cooking but baking??!!! No, not quite, until I've had the kids and you know how this adventure of having little ones can change your entire life. Well, it certainly made loads of changes in my life and one of them is that I've started baking.
I do enjoy it now though and what I enjoy most is trying baking new stuff that I've never made and what I mostly enjoy lately, especially in baking, is trying healthy recipes - trying to get away from the traditional flour, butter, eggs types of cakes.
Browse around my blog to find a lot more healthier dessert recipes.
This nuts and ricotta cheesecake is a traditional type of cake .... it is divinely tasty and it is one of those recipes that you will want to make again and again. Encore et encore!!
I am not sure you have (I am sure you do) some dishes whether savoury or sweet that bring you lovely childhood memories. Well, this is definitely one of those that my grandma used to make and the smell..... omg!
I do have memories of horrible dishes ( at the time) as they are no longer a nightmare like liver and peas. Oh my! I did not like these but I do now ;-). Taste change over time, right? I cannot think of something right now that I dislike as much as disliked these two as a kid. Oh, wait, I actually do. Snails and oysters. A big fat NO from me.
Let me know what you think of this cake and how did it come out for you? Here are a few more desserts/cakes recipes to enjoy!
Let’s get baking!!
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. Thanks for stopping by!
Heavenly mixed nuts and ricotta cheese cake
- 16’ tin or 16x25 cm
- Freestanding mixer
- 230 g flour (8.11 oz)
- 150 g butter (5.29 oz)
- 5 large eggs
- 150 g cane/palm sugar (5.29 oz)
- 2 sachets vanilla sugar
- 200 g nuts (7.05 oz) (mixed) I use almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts
- 250 g ricotta cheese (8.82 oz)
- 120 g white chocolate (4.23 oz) Grated or finely chopped
- 80 g creme fraiche (1.76 oz)
- 3 g baking powder (0.11 oz) ( approximately 1 tsp- shaved)
- 3 g soda bicarbonate (0.11 oz) 1 tsp shaved
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons almond flakes
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare a 16' baking tin by lining it with baking paper or butter around the inside of the tin until the sides and the base are coated lightly.
- In an electric mixer bowl put the butter (room temperature), the eggs, a pinch of salt, the sugar and the vanilla sugar. Mix for about 3 minutes at a high speed.
- Add ricotta cheese and the creme fraiche and after beating these two until fluffy, add the baking powder and the soda bicarbonate - the two mixed separately with 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Fold gently into the cake batter and set aside for 2 minutes.
- If you don't have ready ground mixed nuts, use a food processor to grind them. Just whizz them few times until they turn into coarse almond flour. Done!
- Add the nuts mixed with the flour and the chopped/grated white chocolate to the mixture by folding them in gently with a spatula.
- Place the cake mixture in the prepared baking tin and sprinkle the almond flakes all over its surface.
- Bake for 50 min at 180 C until it is nice and golden on top. Do the toothpick test in the middle to make sure it comes out clean.
- When finished baking, turn the oven off and leave the door slightly open. I normally put a kitchen towel and close the door on that, leaving a 10 cm opening. Allow it to cool. Take out when cool, sprinkle some icing sugar and fully enjoy it!
I can't say how much good these cheese cake looks and sounds. I love the nuts and ricotta adds the creamy texture.
Hi Ramona this cake looks so fabulous thank you!! I wanted to bake one this weekend. I love making homemade ricotta. Pls clarify steps 4 and 5. When is white chocolate added- fine chop? How much sodium bicarb to go with vinegar? Creme fraiche mixed with ricotta step 4 or added separately in 5? Mix in flour before folding in nuts? Many thanks☺️
Hi Sheila and thank you so much for getting in touch. I’m so glad you want to make this beautiful cake this weekend too. We absolutely love it. It’s an amazing cake - in fact I have some extra walnuts that my mum sent me. This is the exact cake I’m gonna make as well ? jinx.
I’ve just made the amendments to hopefully give a clearer indication.
Thanks again and it’d be lovely to hear back and see how you liked it.
I love ricotta cheese and used to making my own but I don’t know why I’ve stopped. Need to start making it again. Thanks for the inspiration! ???
Mayuri Patel says
I've yet to bake a cake using ricotta cheese. Nuts and white chocolate added too, now that's making my feel hungry. A scrumptious and moist cake.
Thank you Mayuri, it really is a lovely recipe, you should definitely try it 😉
That does indeed look wonderful! Ricotta adds such a great flavor and texture to baked goods and I can imagine the white chocolate adds a real decadence too.
Thank you so much Caroline. It is a wonderful cake a must make for sure 😉
I love the addition of ricotta to this cake. Must make it SO moist! I agree this would pair perfectly with a hot cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much Susan 😉 I do hope you will be making this soon.
Jacqueline Debono says
You had me at ricotta cheesecake! I love cakes made with ricotta and this sounds wonderful with the nuts in it! I confess I don't make a lot of cakes myself but this is one I'd love to try!
Thank you so much Jacqui. I know what you are saying. I do not enjoy baking that much but this is one of those really easy delicious recipes that I never mind. My kids love it too - it really is one of those cakes that you can never have enough of. Have a wonderful weekend! 😉
Beth Neels says
Wow! This looks so delicious! I must give it a try! It looks much different than most cheesecakes! I love the look of the texture!
Thank you so much Beth, it is more of a nut cake than cheese - it really has a beautiful fluffy texture. It’s soo good!