I baked this Peach ’n' berries cake for a long car trip. I always like to take something nice and freshly baked whenever we hit the road somewhere. I can easily say we like to travel by car quite a bit lately.
Because there is a lot of sitting I thrive to always make something that is light and healthier and not too sweet or too buttery ☺️.
Yes, there is a little butter there but realistically it comes to the infimum amount per person of 10g butter which realistically is the amount of butter we use on one or two slices of toast ;-).
It's always nice to snack on something that is miles healthier than anything you'd buy in a shop, something homemade which you know exactly what you have put in. It contains no unrecognisable E's but only the well-known E500 which is the E code for the soda bicarbonate 😉
Here are some more cake recipes you may like:
- Marble cake with cacao and turmeric
- Almond flour cake with apricots, coconut and mint
- Double coffee lush chocolate cake
- Apple, blueberries and pomegranate cake
Let's get started with this beautifully light and packed with antioxidants yummy cake.
Peach 'n' berries healthy cake
- ovenproof dish
- glass bowl
- Whisker or an electric hand mixer
- 150 g oat bran (5.29 oz) (organic)
- 100 g spelt flour (3.53 oz) (organic)
- 100 g blueberries (3.53 oz) (organic) fresh or frozen
- 180 g yoghurt (6.09 floz) (organic)
- 90 g cane sugar (3.17 oz) (organic)
- 80 g ricotta cheese (2.82 oz) (organic)
- 80 g unsalted butter (2.82 oz) (organic), at room temperature, or melted
- 70 g flour (2.47 oz) (organic)
- 3 medium eggs (organic)
- 2 medium peaches fresh or canned
- 1/2 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (organic)
- 1 pinch salt I used pink Himalayan
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds or poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F and grease an ovenproof dish (25-28cm).
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (flours, oat bran, salt, baking powder, chia/poppy seeds and the soda bicarbonate which was mixed with the vinegar).
- With the help of a mixer mix the butter with the sugar and the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Add the ricotta cheese, the yoghurt and mix well for another minute until it is all nicely incorporated.
- Fold the flour mixture into the eggs mixture until it is all nicely mixed up. It should be a soft dough and not a runny one. Put the berries in and mix.
- Slice the peaches, and put them aside for a minute.
- Put the dough into the greased oven dish and spread evenly. Arrange the peach slices on top of the dough flesh down skin up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 min till nice n' golden.