This pineapple, berries and coconut cake is one of those really yummy homemade full of flavour cakes that can be made super easily and with no exaggeration, in a jiffy. This is a recipe that I created a while back and it has been a hit since with my family and friends.
It’s nutty, it’s crispy on the outside with a beautifully textured inside. A few little fruit lumps that offer a nice burst of fresh tanginess.
When these reach your taste buds, it is a blast of trully happy moments indeed!
Every time we have this all you can hear is a murmur and loads of MMMMMM’s.
I love cakes that contain fresh fruits and I am sure most people do and pineapple is right at the top of the list. Pineapple cakes are one of the best. It is an easy and solemn declaration that, well, for my taste anyway, combined with the coconut, it is fab! ….. MMMMM again.
On this note, this recipe is a must, must try and make as soon as possible.
Eaten with some creme fraiche, ice cream or plain yoghurt – pure blissfulness! I promise!
Here is this superb cake’s recipe, enjoy both making it and then, eating. Le’s get baking!
Here are some more recipes to enjoy if you like this type of cakes, Extra Fluffy Apple muffins cake or this ultimately amazing cake with vegetables Apple, carrot and zucchini cake with ginger and turmeric.
Pineapple, berries & coconut cake
- 180 g butter or coconut oil
- 250 ml double cream or heavy cream
- 250 g pineapple (canned or fresh, chopped into little chunks)
- 100 g berries (fresh or frozen)
- 50 g coconut (desiccated)
- 4-5 tbsp pineapple juice
- 4 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g almond flour
- 300 g flour
- 70 g almond flakes/blanched (to sprinkle on top)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 20 g icing sugar (to decorate)
- Line/ grease an 8” oven ceramic dish and preheat the oven at 170C/325F.
- Melt butter or coconut oil, place in an electric mixer bowl, add the double cream to this, the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, soda bicarbonate mixed with the vinegar and whizz for a good 3-4 min. Do not worry if is separates a little/ curdles. It is still going to amaze you in the end ;-))
- Add the flour little by little and let it mix until it homogenizes well and nicely.
- Add the pineapple juice and whizz for another 30- 40 seconds then add the almond flour, the chopped pineapple plus a handful or two of fresh/frozen berries.
- With a spatula, scrape all cake mixture out of the mixer bowl into the baking dish and sprinkle the almonds all over the top.
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for 40-50 min at 170C (fan assisted oven).