This baked feta pasta is a super quick and so easy to make pasta dish that any student, or anyone that does not like to cook but still needs to eat, doesn't have the time or it's a complete novice to the cooking this is the best dish to start with. It apparently went viral on Tik Tok recently. I am not surprised. It is a great dish to make and it's pretty healthy too especially if you add a wholemeal pasta.
I really liked the idea of baking a whole block of feta cheese rather than the way I was doing it before which was crumbles. Yeas! Why not? If it is meant to be easy, just let it be easy then.
My 13 year old daughter has made this Baked feta pasta dish a few times and it is her favourite quick dish too.
To be quite honest, I have not checked the way Tik Tok recipe was made but here is my version which my family has always enjoyed.
How to make baked feta pasta?
Yes, it is dead easy guys! Dead easy indeed! One of those dishes that almost requires just putting the oven on, can you picture that? Oh yeahhsss!
Well here's how you make this baked feta pasta dish:
- Find an oven proof dish in your cupboard, wipe clean/wash whatever you prefer.
- add a block of feta cheese right in the middle of that and surround that by plenty of tomatoes which can be sliced tomatoes or tiny cute cherry tomatoes.
- Add seasoning like black pepper and Italian herbs (dried ones) as well as a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for around 20-25 minutes at 180C or 350F.
- Boil the pasta (see pack instructions or see here how to cook pasta correctly) - literally any pasta type will do here guys but to keep it healthier I would choose a high protein pasta like chickpeas or quinoa or any wholemeal one. In this particular recipe, since my daughter was the boss I have used one of her favourite ones (she says it looks like mummy's hair) bless her. Kids, right?
- The fun bit as you will need to take the baked feta out of the oven and mix it with the tomatoes until you get some sort of a homogenised something.
- Add the boiled and drained pasta to the feta and tomatoes mix and enjoy the looks, it is pretty isn't it?
A few more tips for this baked feta pasta recipe:
- In the last 10 min of cooking your tomatoes and the block of feta to the centre of the baking dish baking at 200C or 400°F increase the oven temperature to 220C/ 450°F and cook until the tomatoes are bursting and the feta is golden brown.
- you may use any pasta you like as long as it is cooked al dente.
Here's a shot of this pretty dish.
- Add the chopped herbs and the herbs mixed with Parmesan as a topping and place back in the oven.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy while pipping hot.
I can reassure you this is GOOD! Just try and you will see for yourself. Guys, honestly, if you have not made this dish yet, make it immediately. It is a fantastic combo and makes the best pasta dish dinner or lunch ever!
There is no point in me saying any more on this, make it and then you can comment below and tell me how you found it.
Other pasta dishes you may love:
- Macaroni pasta with walnuts and cardamom ( a delicious sweet pasta version)
- Pasta shells filled with spinach and ricotta cheese
- Pasta with frankfurters and kalamata olives
I do hope you have or will give this simple baked feta pasta dish a try and will let me know how you liked it.
Super Quick Baked Feta Pasta
- 250 g feta cheese
- 450 g tomatoes cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian dried herbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 300 g pasta uncooked weight
- 5 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 handful olives (chopped) optional
- 10 tbsp fresh basil and parsley any fresh herbs you like
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180ºC fan)/375/400F.
- In a larger oven-proof pan or medium baking dish, add the feta cheese block in the middle surrounded by the tomatoes, garlic, and the olive oil. Season with dried herbs, chilli flakes.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are baked or bursting and the feta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve approximately 100ml pasta water while draining.
- Mix the tomatoes and the feta together until uniformly spread/homogenised.
- Add the aldente cooked pasta alongside the reserved pasta water into the oven-proof dish that contains the mixed tomatoes and feta. Stir in the pasta until completely combined. Mix in the fresh chopped basil and parsley and top with the grated parmesan that has been mixed with some of the fresh herbs. Place back in the oven for a further 10 min or so until the parmesan turns nice and golden.
- When ready, serve and enjoy!