This blue cheese, walnut and date syrup boats is such a must-try recipe, a perfect combination and marriage of ingredients.
I have made this over the Christmas period and my mum tried it too. She was very intrigued by the combo and she noted down the recipe, saying she'll prepare the 'boats' again, for my dad as well pretty soon when she reaches home. This must be good then.
Truthfully, you eat those and your whole mouth will be so overwhelmed with joy. It's all very tasty and equally healthy.
This can be a beautiful appetizer, snack or a nice, fine start to any meal.
It is impressive, it's all I could say for both eyes and taste buds.
The beauty of this is that it's ready in a flash and all you will need is 4 ingredients.
Yes, only four! Or...5 ?
Blue cheese, walnut and date syrup little boats
- 2 endives (chicory)
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g blue cheese (soft)
- 3-4 tbsp date syrup
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional, toasted)
- Wash the endives and shake off the water.
- Remove each leaf and place on a serving plate.
- On each leaf place two pieces of walnut and two crumbs of cheese.
- When finished all to arrange, drizzle carefully the dates syrup making sure each leaf gets a fair share.
- Optionally finish off with a sprinkle of toasted sunflower seeds.
- It's as simple as this. No fuss. ??