This carrot, red cabbage & egg coleslaw has to be one of our favorites too. This salad is packed with goodness and could makes such a nice sandwich filler. Whenever I want something really fast for a lunch, something that doesn’t come out of a can, it is fresh and made from scratch, I make this. 👌 😋
I often add grated celeriac and it give it such a nice taste twist. Kids love it too. It goes fabulously with a falafel or as a side salad to any barbecued meat or fish.
It is just fabulous.
Red cabbage, carrot & egg coleslaw
For the salad:
- 4 medium carrots (organic)
- 4 eggs (organic)
- 1/2 red cabbage (organic)
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 onion (red)
- 1/4 celeriac
- parsley (or coriander) finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp soured cream or yogurt
- 1 tbsp salad cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- Boil the eggs for about 12-13' so they are as hard as they can be. When finished boiling, pour cold water over and set aside.
- Shred the cabbage and place it in a big bowl. Sprinkle some salt and give it a good massage. 😋😉
- Add the shredded onion, chopped red pepper and the grated carrot.
- Peel the eggs and grate them when cooled. Add to the cabbage.
- Make the dressing, mix the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the cabbage one and give it a good old mix. Add some chopped herbs if you wish, parsley, coriander or dill and mix.