This linguini pasta with clams also known as linguine vongole. This linguini pasta is a very simple pasta dish to prepare, it makes an absolutely divine meal to enjoy with family or friends.
Quick to make and super easy suitable for lunch or dinner, a delicious recipe for a quick family meal.
We all get pretty excited about this awesome combination of pasta and seafood.
There is no better outcome than just preparing a tasty dish in a flash and impressing your taste buds in an instance. Seafood pasta accomplishes that, every single time over here, I hope you like it too.
Do you cook pasta often? When did you prepare your clams and squid pasta last time?
The linguini pasta
It's best to cook and immediately serve this pasta, but if preparing for later meals, add some olive oil (1-2 tbsp) to the pasta so it doesn't stick.
Also if you need to reheat pasta, try 1-2 minutes, anything past that results in an overly cooked pasta.
If you intend to eat this seafood linguini pasta later on, (right after boiling) quickly rinse the pasta in cold water:
1 - to bring down the temperature of the pasta, full control;
2 - to rinse the extra starch which would normally make it stick.
If this is fresh you only need to cut it into strips or rings, however you may like.
If you buy frozen squid, defrost it for at least 1 hour before preparing, so that it doesn't release too much water when cooking it.
These are pretty seasonal and please make sure they get sourced sustainably from a great sustainable source. If you cannot find clams, you may replace these with any seafood you may like or find, a good old smoked salmon would be beautiful too.
Other pasta recipes you may like:
- Macaroni pasta with ground walnuts and cardamom
- Swiss chard, salmon, turmeric and fresh lovage warm salad with acini de pepe pasta
- Quinoa pasta with courgette and pesto sauce
- Chicken, roast tomatoes and homemade pesto pasta
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page if you have made this recipe and liked it. Thanks for stopping by!
Linguini pasta with clams and calamari
- 500 g linguine pasta (1.1LB or 17.65 oz) 1 pack (dry weight)
- 300 g calamari
- 2 packs clams (800 g or approx 2lb) (pre-cooked)
- 100 ml double cream heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper (black)
- 15 sprigs parsley (fresh)
- 1-2 red chili (fresh) (optional)
- 1 pinch chili (dry) (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- 10 small cherry tomatoes (on vine) (baked) optional
- 30 g butter optional
- Cook pasta according to the pack instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place a deep frying pan (wok style) on medium heat. Add the olive oil, butter and peel the garlic if not done so already.
- Add the finely chopped garlic to the hot oil one pinch of dry chilly flakes (if decided to put in so you use either the dry one now or the fresh one at the end). Cook for literally 30-40 seconds and then add the very well-drained squid. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the cream followed by the clams. Cook for a further 4-5 min covered. Please do use all the juices that clams come with.
- Put pasta in, mix well and serve with the freshly chopped parsley, the chilli and/or the baked tomatoes followed by a good old squeeze of fresh lemon.I did tell you it's dead easy!