Oh absolutely yes, yes, holidays are so, so special … something we always look forward to charging our batteries and for me it’s also the time of cleaning the fridge, make it look as new, just like a newly delivered appliance .
Danube Delta …
More facts about Danube Delta
Holiday chores habits…
One-pan curried wild rice, red quinoa with sausage and Cavolo Nero
- chopping board
- 500 g Wild Rice and quinoa mixed I used a ready cooked pack
- 10 small sausages or 6 regular size *
- 200 g broccolini tender stems
- 1 large red onion
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 small red peppers
- 8 baby courgettes/zucchini or use 2 regular sized zucchini
- 8 leaves Cavolo Nero or kale
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/3 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp curry powder as hot or mild as you wish
- 1/2 lemon juice ( or 3 tbsp)
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the chopped onion in a deeper pan or a skillet with one tbsp olive oil. Cook on medium fire for 1 minute.
- Add the sausages and cook covered for 3-6 min depending on the sausage size.
- Add the cumin and the curry powders, give it all a good mix and then bring on and add all the chopped veggies- the peppers, broccoli stems, Cavolo Nero courgettes (I’ve cut into halves lengthways). Cook for 5 min covered and stir a couple of times.
- Add the cooked rice and quinoa, stir and cook for an extra 4 minutes.
- Season to taste, drizzle the lemon juice and serve while hot.