This dish is great because we all know how quinoa is such a fantastic protein 💪, magnesium and calcium source but not only that, it is also a wheat-free alternative!! If Incas used to have it in their diets why shouldn’t we? 😉
Well, in my family, quinoa is a regular, I cook it very often in all various combos, I will definitely add a lot more recipes here soon, so ……stay tuned!
I was saying, quinoa is a fantastic source of protein for vegans or vegetarians who sometimes can struggle getting their protein it is such a great source of that.
Let’s just get it going!
Quinoa roast veggies salad
- 250 g quinoa (organic)
- 2 large beetroots (organic)
- 5 sticks celery (organic)
- 4 medium carrots (organic)
- 2 medium red onions (organic)
- 1-2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 swede (organic)
- 1/2 cauliflower (organic)
- 1/2 butternut squash (organic)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- parsley (for garnishing)
- Wash thoroughly the quinoa by first rinsing it a few times in water in a pot and then place it in a sieve and run cold tap water over it for one minute.
- Place the quinoa in a pot and cover with water about 2 fingers high above the quinoa grains. Put in some salt and boil (covered) for 15 minutes. Add little boiling water towards the end if you feel it's needed.
- Wash all the vegetables, peel them and chop them into chunks or little cubes. Cauliflower break it into small florets.
- Place all vegetables into an oven tray. Make sure they are quite spread out to get a nice crisp and get nicely cooked. Sprinkle salt, pepper the thyme, cayenne pepper and half of the oil over and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180- 190 C but half way through take the tray out of the oven, give the veggies a good old toss and sprinkle the remainder of the oil. Place back in the oven and bake further till they have cooked nicely.
- Mix the quinoa with the roast veggies, garnish with some parsley and enjoy it along side a nice piece of organic roast chicken, a steak or fish. Optionally, if you wish you can queeze half a lemon over especially if you choose to have it with fish. Yammmm..... It is delicuios!