This quinoa dish is such a great one. We all know how quinoa is such a fantastic protein, magnesium and calcium source but not only that, it is also a wheat-free alternative!! If Incas used to have it in their diets why shouldn’t we?
Well, in my family, quinoa is a regular, I cook it very often in all various combos, I will definitely add a lot more recipes here soon, so …...stay tuned!
As I was saying, quinoa is a fantastic source of protein for vegans or vegetarians who can sometimes struggle to get their protein, this is such a great source to obtain it from.
Try this quinoa roast veggies salad with this beautifully cooked Yummy spicy coconut chicken. Simply divine.
Let's just get this recipe done!
Quinoa roast veggies salad
- 250 g quinoa (8.82 oz) (organic)
- 2 large beetroots (organic)
- 5 sticks celery (organic)
- 4 medium carrots (organic)
- 2 medium red onions (organic)
- 1-2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium swede (organic)
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (organic)
- 1/2 medium butternut squash (organic)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- parsley (for garnishing)
- Wash thoroughly the quinoa by first rinsing it a few times in water in a pot and then place it in a sieve and run cold tap water over it for one minute.
- Place the quinoa in a pot and cover with water about 2 fingers high above the quinoa grains. Put in some salt and boil (covered) for 15 minutes. Add little boiling water towards the end if you feel it's needed.
- Wash all the vegetables, peel them and chop them into chunks or little cubes. Make the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place all vegetables into an oven tray. Make sure they are quite spread out to get a nice crisp and get nicely cooked. Sprinkle salt, pepper the thyme, cayenne pepper and half of the oil over and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°- 190° C /350°F but halfway through take the tray out of the oven, give the veggies a good old toss and sprinkle the remainder of the oil. Place back in the oven and bake further till they have cooked nicely.
- Mix the quinoa with the roast veggies, garnish with some parsley and enjoy it alongside a nice piece of organic roast chicken, steak or fish. Optionally, if you wish you can squeeze half a lemon over especially if you choose to have it with fish. Yammmm..... It is delicious!