I know this chunky roasted cauliflower sounds like an interesting recipe, especially the dressing. You will soon find out and see exactly what I mean. It is a great way of incorporating capers into a dish.
This time of the year is definitely the best one to make this cauliflower dish. Great to add as side dish to the festive table and not only.
I make this a lot during the year. It does not matter whether it’s spring, summer, autumn or winter, it’s always a winner without fail.
We love cauliflower and the beauty of this great vegetable is that it can be found all year round. If you also like cauliflower too, here are some more roasted cauliflower recipe ideas. We particularly love this cauliflower and potato giant samosa, which is absolutely delicious.
It’s very easy to make, it requires no cooking skills whatsoever and it gets on the table super fast. As you will find out this dish has to be baked at the very high temperature. This helps the cauliflower get its colour, retain the flavour.
It enhances textures making it crusty and crispy on the outside and meaty on the inside. I will not say much more than it really is a beautiful side dish.
The vinaigrette contains some flavourful and super healthy ingredients too. The sherry or cider vinegar, honey, pinenuts, raisins and fresh parsley, a true cocktail of flavours and textures. All in all a combination to die for. It goes very well as a side dish to any fish or any meat you may like.
Let’s get this cauliflower ready as I know you can no longer wait for it, if you didn’t jumped to recipe already!
Seriously good chunky roasted cauliflower with capers and raisins dressing
- 1 cauliflower head
- 4-6 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt pink Himalayan
- 1-2 pinches Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp capers rinse, drain and chopped
- 70 g raisins roughly chopped
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 5 to 6 sprigs fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven at 250°C/forward 500°F or to the max temperature your oven allows
- Place or position the oven rack in the middle of your oven.
- Wash the cauliflower, cut it into eight wedges and place into a bowl. Toss it with half of the oil, half the chopped red onion and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a parchment lined baking tray and roast for about 20 minutes over all flipping it halfway through the roasting with a spatula.
- Meanwhile, while the cauliflower bakes, into a jar, combine the leftover oil with the vinegar, the honey, the capers, pinenuts, the chopped raisins and the onion, parsley and a pinch of black pepper. Put the lead on the jar and give it the shake of its life! Shake it, shake it, shimmer, shimmer. Set aside for a few min till ready to use.
- When the cauliflower is finished with the baking, transfer it to the serving plate(s) and spoons the dressing all over it. Serve it pretty much straight away, nice and hot. Cold is as nice though.