I know this chunky roasted cauliflower sounds like an interesting recipe, especially the dressing. You will soon find out and see exactly what I mean. It is a great way of incorporating capers into a dish.
This time of the year is definitely the best one to make this cauliflower dish. Great to add as side dish to the festive table and not only.
I make this a lot during the year. It does not matter whether it’s spring, summer, autumn or winter, it’s always a winner without fail.
We love cauliflower and the beauty of this great vegetable is that it can be found all year round. If you also like cauliflower too, here are some more roasted cauliflower recipe ideas. We particularly love this cauliflower and potato giant samosa, which is absolutely delicious.
It’s very easy to make, it requires no cooking skills whatsoever and it gets on the table super fast. As you will find out this dish has to be baked at the very high temperature. This helps the cauliflower get its colour, retain the flavour.
It enhances textures making it crusty and crispy on the outside and meaty on the inside. I will not say much more than it really is a beautiful side dish.
The vinaigrette contains some flavourful and super healthy ingredients too. The sherry or cider vinegar, honey, pinenuts, raisins and fresh parsley, a true cocktail of flavours and textures. All in all a combination to die for. It goes very well as a side dish to any fish or any meat you may like.
Let’s get this cauliflower ready as I know you can no longer wait for it, if you didn’t jumped to recipe already!
Seriously good chunky roasted cauliflower with capers and raisins dressing
- 1 cauliflower head
- 4-6 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt pink Himalayan
- 1-2 pinches Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp capers rinse, drain and chopped
- 70 g raisins roughly chopped
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 5 to 6 sprigs fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven at 250°C/forward 500°F or to the max temperature your oven allows
- Place or position the oven rack in the middle of your oven.
- Wash the cauliflower, cut it into eight wedges and place into a bowl. Toss it with half of the oil, half the chopped red onion and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a parchment lined baking tray and roast for about 20 minutes over all flipping it halfway through the roasting with a spatula.
- Meanwhile, while the cauliflower bakes, into a jar, combine the leftover oil with the vinegar, the honey, the capers, pinenuts, the chopped raisins and the onion, parsley and a pinch of black pepper. Put the lead on the jar and give it the shake of its life! Shake it, shake it, shimmer, shimmer. Set aside for a few min till ready to use.
- When the cauliflower is finished with the baking, transfer it to the serving plate(s) and spoons the dressing all over it. Serve it pretty much straight away, nice and hot. Cold is as nice though.
Culea Simona says
Toate rețetele tale sunt super delicioase! Ești o bucatareasa de Master Chef! Faci niște combinații de te lingi pe degete!
Merci mult draga mea. Ce mult ma bucur ca iti plac.
This was seriously good, OMG!! I will be making it again and again. Hubby loved it too which is a win-win as he is so fussy when it comes to veggies. Thank you Ramona
Thank you so much, Paula, I am so glad you guys loved it. It is good and my kids are the best judges.
This was wonderful. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to make it but my daughter said it looks and sounds really nice so I have given it a go. WOwsie! It is a must make at least once a week now. The vinaigrette and the raisins are a wonderful combination of flavors. Splendid!
Thank you so much dear Vicky, I am so happy you liked my cauliflower dish. We adore it too - even my kids love it.
Wow this roast cauliflower with capers is delicious and so earthy. Lovely flavours
Oh, wow! This was awesome! I wasn't sure it would be this amazing but wow!
I love cauliflower and can't wait to make this for my family visiting from out of town! Love adding raisins, delicious!
This roasted cauliflower recipe is amazing! I particularly love the flavors in the vinaigrette!
Easy recipe, taste great!!!
Chef Dennis says
This was really yummy. My wife wants to have more of this.
This cauliflower is so hearty and flavorful!
Love roasted cauliflower. Can’t wait to try this recipe.
This a wonderful cauliflower side dish!
Amanda Dixon says
These cauliflower was delicious! I just love the texture the roasting added.
Gwynn Galvin says
I'm always looking for new ways to make cauliflower and this looks so delicious!
What a lovely recipe. Thanks for the idea. I love how you added pine nuts and all the flavors combined sound so amazing. I can't wait to make this.