Spinach And Mushrooms Stuffed Chicken Breast is a simple recipe that’s healthy (around 490 calories per chicken breast if cheese is also added), ready in approximately 40 minutes, and made in just ONE PAN! Chicken stuffed with simple spinach and mushrooms is one of our all-time favourite easy chicken recipes.
I generally enjoy fast but healthy cooking but I think we all do especially during the week when the last thing you want to do is to come home from work or a long day out and spend hours cooking. This stuffed chicken breast dish is exactly that, a quick, delicious kind of dinner and still healthy.
This kind of food is one of my favourites and the outcome on any busy day when I neither have the time nor the spirit for any fancy cooking is absolutely brilliant.
I make this every now and again and we all love it! It is so tasty and satisfying especially if served with some extra sides made by some nice steamed veggies, rice and/or a nice cucumber and radish sprouts salad or a simple tomato salad.
On the stuffing for this dish, you can also add peppers, chillies, bacon, chorizo and any greens such as tatsoi leaves, kale, chard etc. It is all delicious stuff I promise. Just make it your way as per your liking or simply circumstantial either depending on what your fridge has to offer or what you fancy.
Last time I made this was exactly this recipe and the kids could not stop eating but kept on asking for more. It is one of those foods that go fabulous with kids and they can take in all these hidden veggies.
Enjoy this high protein stuffed chicken breast dish, it is absolutely scrumptious! It takes minutes to cook and it is purely a must-try.
Spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast
- 2 large chicken breast organic
- 70 g cheese (2.47 oz) (organic and grated)
- 150 g spinach (5.29 oz) (fresh, organic)
- 50 g mushrooms (1.76 oz) organic
- 50 ml wine (1.69 floz) (white)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1-2 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter (to grease dish)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (350 F) and prepare an oven dish greased with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
- Slightly salt the chicken breasts and cut these through the middle without going into the edges. Create a pocket inside the breast all the way into almost reaching the other side. Repeat with the other breast and set aside for a few minutes.
- In a pan put a little butter and cook the thinly sliced mushrooms for 5-7 min with a splash of wine. When mushrooms have cooked, add the spinach and wilt this enough to easily handle it.
- Place a separate pan on high heat, add a tiny little amount of coconut oil and cook the chicken breast slightly approximately 1 min on each side.
- Place the slightly cooked chicken breast in the oven dish and stuff it with the spinach and mushrooms mixture by putting this into each incision. Repeat with the second chicken breast. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and top it with plenty of grated cheese so that the breasts will coat well when melted.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 25-35’ depending on the chicken breast size/thickness.
- Take out of the oven midway and if you prefer more cheese, sprinkle some more grated cheese on top. Mozzarella is my favourite but you could mix the cheese types that you use.