I generally enjoy fast but healthy cooking but I think we all do especially during the week when the last thing you want to do is to come home and spend hours cooking after a full day of running around.
This kind of food is one of my favorites and the outcome on any busy day when I neither have the time nor the spirit for any fancy cooking is absolutely brill….
I make this every now and again and we all love it! It is so tasty and satisfying especially if served with some extra sides made by some nicely steemed veggies, rice and/or a nice cucumber and radish sprouts salad or a simple tomato salad.
On the stuffing bit for this dish you can also add peppers, chillies, bacon, chorizo and any greens such as tatsoi leaves, kale, chard etc. It is all delicious stuff I promise. Just make it your way as per your liking or simply circumstancial either depending on what you happen to have in the fridge or what you fancy.
Last time I made this was exactly this recipe and the kids could not stop eating but kept on asking for more. It is one of those foods that go fabulous with kids and they can take some tucked in veggies with it too.
Enjoy this high protein dish, it is scrumptious! It takes minutes to cook and it is purely a must try.
Spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast
- 2 large chicken breast organic
- 70 g cheese (organic and grated)
- 150 g spinach (fresh, organic)
- 50 g mushrooms organic
- 50 ml wine (white)
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1-2 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter (to grease dish)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (350 F) and prepare an oven dish greased with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
- Slightly salt the chicken breasts and crest them with incisions all across at about 1 cm distance from one another and set aside for few minutes.
- In a pan put a little butter and cook the thinly sliced mushrooms for 5-7 min with a splash of wine. When mushrooms have cooked, add the spinach and wilt this enough to easily handle it.
- In a separate pan, placed on high heat put tiny little amount of coconut oil and then the chicken breast and slightly cook for 1 min on each side.
- Place the slightly cooked chicken in the oven dish and stuff it with the spinach and mushrooms mixture by putting this into each incision. Repeat with the second chicken breast. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and top it with plenty of grated cheese so that the breasts will coat well when melted.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 25-35’ depending on the chicken breast size/thickness.
- Take out of the oven mid way and if you prefer more cheese, sprinkle some more grated cheese on top. Mozzarella is my favorite but you could easily mix the cheese types that you use.