Oh, these quick and yummy stuffed mushrooms are a dream. I know my pictures do not make justice but seriously try this recipe if you are a mushroom and a cheese lover.
Cambozola is a German blue brie with a nice soft and really velvety texture. It’s always good to have some in the house as it is such a nice cheese that goes well with so many other combos such as a simple toast, with fruits or just simply as presented above, in this yummy vegetarian dish.
Here are some more recipes you may enjoy:
- Vegan mushrooms and polenta
- Creamy Cauliflower with pork medallions, turmeric and mushrooms
- Best ever quail eggs, potato and mushrooms brunch
- Spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast
Quick 'n' yummy mushrooms
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- 70 g cheese full fat soft organic
- 70 g cambozola cheese
- 1 large garlic clove organic
- 1 spring thyme organic
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 1 pinch black pepper or more - to taste
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and remove the stalks.
- Place them with gills facing downwards so all water drains nicely. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Place the mushrooms with the gills up in a baking tray and sprinkle some salt (optional).
- In a small bowl place the soft cheese and mix with freshly ground pepper and the thyme.
- With the help of 2 teaspoons put a knob of the soft cheese mixture on each mushroom.
- Cut the Cambozola cheese into cubes (depending on the size of the mushroom) and place one cube on each mushroom on top of the soft cheese.
- Slice the garlic and top up each mushroom with a small slice.