The first time I have had this delicious soup was a few years ago on a sky holiday in France. ⛷🎿 I have to admit that when the menu has been revealed and heard about being served broccoli soup I was not only a little skeptical but also a bit long faced, but of course, I was prepared to give it a try and…… I did! Firstly because I could not be bothered showing any fuss for food in front of my small childern and secondly because I do like trying new food.
I gave it a try and I am so glad that I did to this very day. I actually did eat it and even asked for a more. It is now most definitely my top favorite blended soup along with the creamy mushroom which used to be by far my number one favorite but now I have two yummy soups sharing a first place on my taste buds.🍵🍵
It is absolutely delicious‼️
You will only have to make it once and see how much you will love it too.
Broccoli and stilton cheese soup
- 800 g broccoli
- 1.5 l water
- 1 medium-large onion
- 1 medium leek
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cubes vegetable stock
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 100-120 g blue cheese (Stilton, Roquefort or Danish blue)
- Place a cooking pot on high heat. Add the water and allow it to boil.
- When water starts boiling, add salt, stock cubes, cayenne pepper and the roughly chopped leek, onion, celery, potato and the broccoli stalks. Leave the florets aside for now.
- Cover and boil for 15-20 minutes on medium heat until veggies are nice and soft.
- Remove the lid, add the broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese in and either transfer the soup to a blender or blend it with an electric hand blender.
- Season with some cayenne pepper and salt if needed and serve.