The first time I have had this delicious soup was a few years ago on a sky holiday in France. ⛷? I have to admit that when the menu has been revealed and heard about being served broccoli soup I was not only a little skeptical but also a bit long faced, but of course, I was prepared to give it a try and…… I did! Firstly because I could not be bothered showing any fuss for food in front of my small childern and secondly because I do like trying new food.
I gave it a try and I am so glad that I did to this very day. I actually did eat it and even asked for a more. It is now most definitely my top favorite blended soup along with the creamy mushroom which used to be by far my number one favorite but now I have two yummy soups sharing a first place on my taste buds.??
It is absolutely delicious‼️
You will only have to make it once and see how much you will love it too.
Broccoli and stilton cheese soup
- 800 g broccoli
- 1.5 l water
- 1 medium-large onion
- 1 medium leek
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cubes vegetable stock
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 100-120 g blue cheese (Stilton, Roquefort or Danish blue)
- Place a cooking pot on high heat. Add the water and allow it to boil.
- When water starts boiling, add salt, stock cubes, cayenne pepper and the roughly chopped leek, onion, celery, potato and the broccoli stalks. Leave the florets aside for now.
- Cover and boil for 15-20 minutes on medium heat until veggies are nice and soft.
- Remove the lid, add the broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese in and either transfer the soup to a blender or blend it with an electric hand blender.
- Season with some cayenne pepper and salt if needed and serve.