Yes! I have named this a winter warmer chicken soup but truthfully this chicken soup is a lot more than just a plain chicken soup, it’s a meal in its own rights. Besides, it can be served any time of the year but when the weather turns cool, this soup is an absolute staple.
A winter warmer of course, a summer immune booster definitely, an autumn spirit lifter absolutely and a spring good mood topper for absolute sure! Oh Yes, spring its my favourite season, I was born at the beginning of spring and spring it’s the season when my good mood it’s at its highest levels in the whole year. I love summer and autumn too but nothing like spring when everything comes back to life, birds are happy, grass is greener, daffodils ? are everywhere an de so on…. I could go on for ever.
Oh, I did get drifted away, this is what spring does to me every time but getting back to this soup, I was only trying to say that any time you have this soup it will cheer you up for certain; it is very tasty and super healthy and an absolute soul hugger.
Since the cold has installed I can literally live on this wonderful winter warming soup everyday of the week. It’s that lovely and yummy.
It is packed with vitamins and proteins you can add whatever you like chicken, beef, lamb or pork but also do you want to keep it vegetarian you can add beans lentils chickpeas you name it. Make it entirely your own and I promise you it is going to be a delicious bowl of soup.
I make this when feeling a bit cold or feel like getting down with a cold or a flu. The idea is to add as many veggies to eat to make it a pack full of vitamins.
We love this multivitamined soup and I make it really often no matter what time of the year really.
Total comfort food that is pretty refreshing. It is a meal in itself since it has pasta and potatoes added so have a bowl of this soup and your lunch or dinner is sorted.
And yes some croutons added to this soup are also very, very nice or some nice crusty bread if you fancy instead of the pasta and/or potatoes but trust me and have it like this, it’s simple, it’s divine!
Let’s just get starting as I’m pretty sure you want this recipe as soon as so….
Here comes the recipe… ?
- 600 g chicken
- 1 red pepper
- 150 g butternut squash
- 1 parsnip
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 2-3 potatoes
- parsley (to garnish)
- 80 g pasta (homemade)
- 2 tsp salt or 2 stock cubes
- 1 indulgent pinch pepper freshly ground
- Place the washed meat with 1.5l water in a pot over high heat. Add 1/2 of the salt. When this is boiling keep an eye and collect all the foam that forms at the top of the water. Allow to boil for about 20 min covered.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash and chop all vegetables.
- Add all chopped veggies to the meat and boil covered for an extra 15-20 minutes.
- In the last 3 minutes of boiling, add the pasta, allow 3 min to boil and turn the heat off. Allow the soup to rest covered for an extra 10 min before serving.
- Chop some parsley and sprinkle over before eating.
- Very simple, you see, I told you!