Christmas came and went fast! Atmosphere was magic and so was the food.
During holidays, we do eat a lot more than we should and I thought I’d put up this yummy curried Brussels sprouts with chicken and cavolo Nero recipe as a post-holiday one to get us back into health, still yummy enough so there is no much of a shock to our taste buds. ?? I have made this during holidays too – it’s a superb tasty and versatile since you could mix ingredients as you like.
I know many people almost run away from Brussels sprouts but why, seriously…. they are really good for us and not that bad taste either. It’s just fuss. ?? Anyone that eats cabbage should have no issues with those cute little darlings ;))).
Many people I know, think and find those disgusting. Come on, they’re nooooot, especially if you disguise the taste with a few other ingredients. They are actually quite good and super healthy, but hey, if you don’t like them and insist in not liking them, replace those with anything you like.
Ok, the secret is, I have few ingredients ( Brussels sprouts are there too ) which I am not crazy about either but I like them, I like them enough to prepare them especially during Christmas time, when they are in full season.
There are few ways I prepare them and here is one of them.
Here’s this quick ’n’ yummy recipe… oh, and if you liked this recipe, why not give it a nice fat like 😉
Curried brussels sprouts with chicken and cavalo nero
- 400 g Brussels sprouts
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200 g bacon (gammon or sausages)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 6 leaves Cavolo Nero (halved)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1-2 tsp curry powder (mild)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Clean, wash and chop the cavolo Nero, clean, wash and half the really large Brussels sprouts.
- In a pan, bring water to boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Boil for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a deep frying pan/wok style on medium fire. Add the coconut oil along with the tiny chopped chicken and bacon/gammon/sausages. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients appart from the cavolo Nero leaves and the tomatoes, so, sprinkle some salt to taste, grind some pepper, the curry powder, chilli flakes, chopped garlic, chickpeas and cook for a further 3 min tossing occasionally.
- Add the shredded cavolo Nero leaves and the halved tomatoes and cook for 3-4 min giving it a little tossing every now and again. You can cook for slightly longer but I like my leaves crunchy.
- Remove from heat when ready and serve as soon as, so.... hot ?