I’ve just made those again last weekend as the weather was BBQ perfect. Summer is here!! Oh, how exciting…!! ?? ?
I just love those exotic marinades that I cannot think of not doing especially when BBQ weather comes in full glory.
These prawns are really the simplest thing ever to make and they taste just divine.
I love to share this recipe with you because those prawns are so refreshing.
Those can also be beautifully cooked on griddle pan or in the oven if you don’t have a barbecue handy or don’t really feel like getting the barbecue going or, of courseif the weather is not best for one big fat BBQ.
Succulent exotic BBQ-ed prawns
- 32 medium prawns
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 springs coriander fresh, chopped
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 tsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, finely chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Clean and wash the prawns and place in a plastic zip-bag.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and pour over on the prawns.
- Zip the bag and place in the fridge remembering every now and again to toss the prawns around. You can prepare this 2 to 3 hours in advance but make sure they spend at least one hour in this marinade for best results.
- Prepare the barbecue and when ready, barbecue them (depending on how strong heat is) for about 2-4 min on each side.
- Eat them on Thai steamed rice or soba noodles with a beautiful exotic salads.