I've just made those again last weekend as the weather was BBQ perfect. Summer is here!! Oh, how exciting...!
I just love those exotic marinades that I cannot think of not doing especially when BBQ weather comes in full glory.
These prawns are really the simplest thing ever to make and they taste just divine.
I love to share this recipe with you because those prawns are so delicious and really easy to prepare, they also cook in minutes and disappear in seconds.
Let's get on with some grilling.
Those can also be beautifully cooked on griddle pan or in the oven if you don't have a barbecue handy or don't really feel like getting the barbecue going or, of courseif the weather is not best for one big fat BBQ.
Here are some other delicious recipes you may enjoy:
- Prawn, chorizo and cauliflower couscous
- Prawn, radish and cucumber, open-sandwich
- Singapore style noodles stir-fried with shrimps and vegetables
- Pork and seafood risotto with turmeric and long pepper
Yes, it is always great to get these prawns marinated so they can get all these flavours soaked right in
Yes, absolutely. these can be marinated for longer (overnight) and cooked when served but also can be BBQ-ed and used later in cold salads and sandwiches
Succulent exotic BBQ-ed prawns
- barbeque, griddle pan or grill
- 32 medium prawns
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 springs coriander fresh, chopped
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 tsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, finely chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Clean and wash the prawns and place in a plastic zip-bag.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and pour over on the prawns.
- Zip the bag and place in the fridge remembering every now and again to toss the prawns around. You can prepare this 2 to 3 hours in advance but make sure they spend at least one hour in this marinade for best results.
- Prepare the barbecue and when ready, barbecue them (depending on how strong heat is) for about 2-4 min on each side.
- Eat them on Thai steamed rice or soba noodles with a beautiful exotic salads.
Really delicious. A staple with every barbecue we are having. Great recipe thank you so much for sharing this Ramona 😉
Thank you so much Jack, it is with great pleasure 😉