With the bbq season now in full swing, this Teriyaki chicken skewers is a must, must have.
It’s healthy and a dream in terms of taste. The marinade is obviously the key here in this recipe. I am never going shy on healthier sauces and marinades and this is definitely one to try and save. It is magnificent. I am not just saying .... you will see what I mean, just make this.
I usually use chicken breast but chicken thighs are also amazing to use. Especially if you are a novice when it comes to barbecuing. Chicken breast can be a little tricky as this can go a little dry but thighs will remain nice and juicy. Needles to mention that this recipe can be made with some beautiful pork shoulder, salmon nicely cubed or even beef. Absolutely Gorgeous! Tofu is a great option for vegans, it works nicely with some nice red onion and peppers alternated on each skewer.
It is not difficult to do a great barbecue but it’s not the easiest thing either. You just have to practice and know what you are doing. That is ALL! Like I always say practice is the mother of learning and this applies to everything in life really.
I remember years ago when I’ve met my husband, he could not do a BBQ properly. He was either overcooking even burning the meat or he used to undercook the meat. Annnd... hey, with the chicken or fish you just can’t have it undercooked. No WAY!
He only needed to be married to me to become the biggest expert. Ha ha. I did not teach him how to do it. Well, at least I do not remember doing it but maybe just suggestions here and there ;-))
He just learned himself (experience, you know? ) and that was his best teacher.
He’s definitely an expert now after only 18 years of practicing and of course of knowing me the big BBQ muncha. LOL
We shall get to getting this chicken teryiaky ready, shall we? But just before getting started, here are some more recipes you might enjoy :
Homemade mici - the famous Romanian open sausages ...yummm no BBQ should really happen without these beautiful and delightful addition 😉
This gorgeously refreshing and super tasty Roast vegetables, halloumi cheese salad
These baked aubergine cumin and yoghurt sauce ... perfect to accompany any BBQ meat - lamb in particular.
Teriyaki chicken skewers
- 600 g chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon Garlic grated
- 2 tablespoon Sweet soy sauce or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tablespoon Worchester sauce
- Cut the chicken into cubes. I use breast but chicken thighs are amazing too.
- Add all the sauces into a bowl, mix well and put the chicken cubes into it. allow to marinade for at least 1 hour. You may also marinade it the night before but this is not necessary as the chicken might actually get too salty.
- Skewer chicken with prepared skewers and place on BBQ. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes.
- red onions
- sprinkle sesame seeds