It is pretty cool I think to be able to make a dish in less than 15 minutes that is so nutritiously balanced and so delicious.
I made this grapes & cheese salad dish last time, at a barbecue party, and it went down very well with the adults but unexpectedly well with the children. Couple of kids came back to have some more (so the salad was really appreciated) but unfortunately there was none left and they were pretty disappointed.
I knew my kids love it but I didn’t expect other children to love it as much, because (you know) children normally have a sweet tooth and this is (in my opinion) a pretty ‘adult’ salad. Well, at least this is what I thought, but I was proven to be quite wrong.
It also holds really well for days making it a perfect make ahead side dish!
Just make this salad, take it to a picnic, take it to work, put it into a school lunch box, take it to a garden party, it’s a great dish for any time of the year and occasion!!
It is simply scrumptious!
- 500 g grapes (mixed) seedless
- 120 g cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 80 g Stilton cheese (Danish blue cheese)
- 1 pinch pepper (freshly ground)
- 4-5 figs (fresh or dry) chopped
- 50 g bacon (crispy)
- 2 tbsp onion (crispy)
- 1 stalk celery (finely or roughly chopped)
- 1 handful walnuts (slightly/forward roasted) roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp honey (to drizzle)
- 2 springs thyme (fresh) optional, to garnish
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (coarse/crystals)
- 2 tbsp coconut chips
- Wash the grapes and remove from the stalks. Place aside and let them drain very, very well.
- In a large bowl, place the cream cheese with the freshly ground pepper, the crispy onion, the chopped figs and celery stalk.
- Mix all well and add the grapes.
- Put all in the serving plate and sprinkle with the Stilton cheese crumbles or shavings, the sunflower seeds, the nuts (whichever ones you coose to use and some coconut chips.
- Drizzle some honey and serve.