This beautiful pineapple mango salsa is definitely a must-make recipe. It is sweet, can be made a bit spicy if you choose to. Most of all it is bursting with fresh summery flavour - I could easily eat this whole recipe at once. It is seriously good and so refreshing as a side to any meat or fish.
This pineapple mango salsa recipe requires bare minimum preparation. Just a little chop, chop and it's done!
Ingredients needed for pineapple mango salsa
- pineapple ( grilled pineapple or fresh pineapple is as good)
- red onion
- fresh herbs (I have used fresh mint and fresh chives)
- lime juice
- lime zest - chose unwaxed organic lime otherwise I would level the zest out
- lemon juice
- lemon zest - same as the lime - these must be organic unwaxed lemons to use the rind
Other ingredients that might be used in this salsa dish
- spring onion or scallions
- jalapeños or any hot peppers - for a nice kick ( use disposable gloves when handling those)
- any other colour peppers
- cilantro or coriander
- corn (make a corn salsa)
- other herbs you may like such basil, thyme, tarragon- all depending on what you pair it with
tips to make the best Refreshing pineapple mango salsa
- Dice it nicely! Make sure to dice your ingredients (pineapple, mangos strawberries and the onion) finely - small bits are a lot easier to spoon but this will also allow the flavours to blend in nicely together. Mmmmm. perfection!
- Don't forget to add salt! A dash of salt will definitely pull out the sweetness from the pineapple and mango in this amazingly super fresh and delicious fruit salsa - you will not feel it but will definitely give a nice definition to this pineapple mango salsa!
- Allow it to come together. This salsa is fresh and delicious and it will definitely benefit from allowing it some time ( one or a couple of hours) for the flavours to blend in and 'marinade' so that flavours will really come together. Store in an airtight container or a glass bowl covered with cling film - keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Served cool it's the absolute best!
This is an easy fresh fruit salsa and it comes together in no time. No special equipment is needed either!
All you will need is:
- a sharp ceramic knife - always good in the kitchen but when chopping fruit and veg is particularly good to have a good sharp knife;
- chopping board ( go for a flexible one if you have, it will be a lot easier to save all the fruit juices to add those to the salsa- remember we are all for @nofoodwaste). Nothing gets wasted ever even a simple juice.
- Glass bowl - all fruits are quite acidic (pineapple particularly) it is always a good practice to avoid using any metal.
This refreshing mango salsa can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- any grilled meat or fish, honestly, this is the best refreshing BBQ side you can possibly think of;
- you may have it on its own too;
- see below for more serving suggestions and really good serving ideas to have this wonderful salsa recipe with.
It is super easy! All you need it's a few ingredients gathered together, a bit of prepping with some peeling, chopping, mixing and ta-da!!!
- ripe mango or mangos, diced
- ripe pineapple - grilled, diced
- strawberries - fresh - diced
- medium red bell pepper, chopped
- organic red onion, chopped finely
- fresh mint, cilantro/coriander leaves or parsley, chopped
- lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste.
• Eating a slice of fresh pineapple every day is a great idea as it can defend our body from free radicals (nasty cells that make us look old) helps with cleansing the organs and blood, increasing our energy and giving our metabolism a little boost. Pineapple nourishes our skin, nails, hair and teeth, oh, and it tastes great too!
• Pineapple is in the Bromeliaceae family and it contains an enzyme called bromelain, a protein that splits enzymes which aids digestion and makes it a lot easier for the pancreas. Ideally is to be served uncooked as the bromelain levels will go down once cooked. Maybe a little grilling just as suggested in this recipe - it will also help with the tongue stingy sensation.
The choice you could have this refreshing salsa are endless but here are some of my favourite options that I absolutely love and this salsa recipe is a must make:
- Cajun Salmon;
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos;
- Shrimp Burrito;
- Grilled fish (any fish will work perfectly with this pineapple mango salsa recipe
- Fish Taco Recipe
- Try this exotic salmon with mango salsa - oh my!
- Chili Lime Chicken Tacos;
- Cilantro Lime Chicken;
- Chipotle Chicken;
- Chicken skewers or kebabs.
Other meat options:
- Grilled Steak Fajitas;
- Carne Asada;
- Roast or Grilled Pork;
If you like this exotic fruit salsa, here are some delicious recipes to go with it:
- Easy BBQ Chicken Kebabs
- Succulent exotic BBQ-ed prawns
- Grilled Pork chops by the Kitchen
- Roast pork in a bath of beer and a bed of mixed onions
- Easy BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Refreshing Pineapple Mango Salsa
- chopping board
- grill or barbeque
- 1/2 medium pineapple (2 cups) ideally grilled
- 1 medium mango (1 cup)
- 6 large strawberries ( 1.5 cups)
- 1 medium red onion (1/2 cup)
- 15 leaves fresh mint
- 1 medium lime for juicing plus 3-4 slices to garnish
- 1 small chilli/jalapeno optional
- 1 pinch salt I used pink Himalayan
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly fround
- Prepare all ingredients by washing, peeling and chopping or dicing. Cut into desired sixe, the smaller the better at getting a good mix in each spoonful.
- In a larger glass bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Serve as a side to any meat kabobs, skewers, any grilled or barbequed meat, over tacos, burritos, as a salad, with chicken or fish.... whatever you can think of and desire!
- Refrigerate in an air tight container. It will last 3 to 4 days (if it does).
- Since this recipe only uses 1/2 pineapple, you may wrap the other half ( skin on) refrigerated and use later for smoothies, salad or a snack) - it will be good and stay fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Make this salsa at least 1/2 hour or one hour prior to serving it and refrigerate (serve it really cool) for the best flavours.
Leave a Reply