This home made pizza is great and so quick to put together after a busy day at work. Children absolutely love it. Okay, I am saying children but the adults die for too! I am talking about my household adults and children of course.
I have made this for children parties many times and pizza was gone in 5 seconds. It is a good way of ‘hiding’ some vegetables underneath that beautiful layer of cheese or tomato sauce especially if you have fussy little eaters around.
The topping is entirely your choice and liking.
Top up the pita with onions, ham, pineapple, chili (for an extra flavour and/or kick), but truly the topping can be “crafted” with ingredients you have in your fridge and around the kitchen whenever you decide making it.
Home made pizza in a flash
- 1 large red onion
- 200 g ham
- 2 chillies/jalapenos
- 4 pita bread
- 1/2 fresh/canned pineapple
- 1 large red/yellow/green pepper
- 10 pitted Olives
- 1/2 jar any Italian pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven at 180° C / 392° F. Slightly toast the pittas so they can easily be split into two parts. This can be done in a toaster or oven. Pittas will just become like a small baloons.
- Split all pittas into two separate parts which will become the pizza base and then place in a tray.
- Brush or spread some tomato paste on each pitta base.
- Top up the pitta with onions, ham, pineapple, chili and other ingredients you've chosen, you like or happen to have in the fridge.
- Cook the pizzas in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until they get nice'n crispy.
- Ham, pineapple, onion, cheese, olives
- Onion, anchovies, pepper, capers, olives, cheese
- Bacon, onion, pepper, cheese, pineapple
- Simply cheese and tomato
- Ham, onion, pineapple, jalapenos
- Egg, kale cheese and tomato
egg, mushrooms, pepperoni, sun dried tomatoes, capers, anchovies, smoked salmon, shredded chicken, minced beef,sweet corn, rocket salad, and a great variety of cheeses.