Cooking in general for me means trying new things, getting adventurous in the kitchen.
So, few weekends ago I have tried this. It was such a success especially with the kids. They were joyful and begged me to do it again…. and so I did ;)).
I just happened to have some fancy potatoes this time ( the purple ones) so it all looks very pretty, but sweet potatoes or just the regular ones will do as well. You won’t see that part of the dish in the end anyway but I have put three types of potatoes as I have had them all. I do get my potatoes always all organic from my local source
You should know me by now …. I ❤️❤️ and really enjoy mixing ingredients and colour is just something that cheer me up always ???
Let me tell you more or everything about this exciting recipe!
Potato-base pizza in a pan
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2-3 tbsp pasta sauce (tomato base)
- 3-4 eggs
- 100 g mushrooms (sliced)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pinch italian herbs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- few springs parsley
- Wash thoroughly the potatoes and leave the skin on. Cut into really thin slices. Place circularly in the pan which has been put on medium fire with olive oil. Salt slightly. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes covered with a lid.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Add the tomato/pizza sauce, the sliced mushrooms, the mozzarella cheese and the eggs. Cook covered for 1 minute and then uncovered for another 2 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and leave on heat for an extra 30 secs. Sprinkle some parsley and serve.
Serve hot or cold with some good quality Parma ham or bresaola on top.
I did put spinach few times as well and that was delicious - you just add it before putting the eggs in.
Use a generous quantity of oil and a non stick pan if you don't want potatoes to stick. Place them in the pan when the oil is beginning to heat up. Move them a little so they form a little crust and they don't stick.
To be honest even if they stick a little it's nothing to worry. ? It is delicious alongside with a fresh and crispy salad too.
Enjoy!! ? ?