Cooking in general for me means trying new things, getting adventurous in the kitchen. This potato - base pizza in a pan is super easy to make, a protein-packed and lower carbs dish, totally gluten-free too! It makes the best breakfast, brunch or lunch ever. A cosy dinner too.
So, a few weekends back I have tried this potato base pizza in a pan, it was just something that I wanted to try for some time- I had it jotted down as an idea to try.
I cannot tell you what a success this was especially with the kids. They were joyful and begged me to do it again... . So here I am with the recipe. They have asked and I did have to deliver, this is what mums do! ❤️
Pleased I did manage to get some pictures too although despite not being the best pictures. You do get the idea which is the whole point, right?
This time I just happened to have some fancy potatoes (the purple ones in particular) so it all looks very pretty. You may try either just making it with sweet potatoes or just the regular ones. Will be a delicious outcome.
You won’t see that part of the dish in the end anyway but I have chosen to put three types of potatoes this time as I have had them all.
The potatoes, I do get them always all organic from my local source as I do feel they are better for us and taste far better. I know we can agree to disagree on this though 😉 lol
Also, I am pretty sure you do know me by now .... how I ❤️❤️ and really enjoy mixing ingredients. Adding extra colour to my food is just something that always cheers me up.
Oh and if you would like more colourful food here are some more recipes you will definitely enjoy.
Other delicious recipes you may enjoy...
For a nice lunch why not try this One-pan curried wild rice, red quinoa with sausage and Cavolo Nero, a super colourful and inviting recipe.
Or for a delicious dinner, you can try my delicious and so colourful Pork medallions with steamed seven grains and seasonal vegetables.
All so, so good!
Let me tell you more or everything about this exciting pizza in a pan recipe! Let’s just get it done!
Potato-base pizza in a pan
- pan (non stick)
- 2 medium potatoes I used white, sweet and purple potatoes *
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2-3 tbsp pasta sauce (tomato base)
- 3-4 eggs
- 100 g mushrooms (sliced)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Italian herbs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- few sprigs parsley
- Wash thoroughly the potatoes and leave the skin on. Cut into really thin slices. Place circularly in the pan which has been put on medium fire with olive oil. Salt slightly. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes covered with a lid.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
- Add the tomato/pizza sauce, the sliced mushrooms, the mozzarella cheese and the eggs. Cook covered for 1 minute and then uncovered for another 2 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and leave on heat for an extra 30 secs. Sprinkle some parsley and serve.