Here it is another beautiful potato salad that you can make in minutes that it's not only very nutritious but extremely yummy too. Packed with wholesomeness and awesomeness.
I do recall my mum making this potato and egg with olives salad when I was a child; she used to call it Oriental salad - not quite sure why and whether that was a national dish that was called this way or was her thing. I'm assuming it was believed the recipe was coming from the Orient somewhere. I have chosen to call it Mediterranean salad as it contains a mixture of ingredients that are more Mediterranean than anything else.
But hey, who really cares what this potato salad is called and where it's coming from, all I know is that is delicious and we all ❤️ it! I'm pretty sure you will too!
I've make this for parties many times and every time it was always a real hit. One of those dishes that would disappear very, very, quickly.
It's a particularly good idea for a garden party, a side to a BBQ because it contains potatoes and can go very well with children too. It is a good choice for people with allergies, vegetarians, unless you don't eat eggs in which case you can simply ditch those from it.
Mediterranean potato, egg and olive salad
- 500 g red potatoes (organic)
- 5 eggs (organic) hard boiled
- 20 Olives (pitted) ideally Kalamata
- 2 spring onions (organic)
- 2-3 red peppers (pickled)
- 2 celery stalks (organic)
- 1/2 red pepper (organic)
- 1 medium red onion (organic)
- 10-15 springs parsley (organic)
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 100 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1-2 red chilli (optional)
- Wash and boil the potatoes leaving the skin on. Put 1 tsp of salt when boiling. Do not over boil. Just see instructions on the packaging as depending on the potatoes the boiling time can differ.
- Boil the eggs and make sure they are hard. Depending on their size, they should be boiled for 10-12 minutes. When finished, pour out the hot water and put ice cold water on. Leave in cold water for a while.
- Take pips out of the olives and cut those in halves.
- Take out a larger bowl and start putting in everything as you chop.
- Take out the pickled peppers and chop them into preferred size chunks.
- Chop the celery, the red pepper, spring and the red onion as well as the parsley.
- Chop the boiled and cooled potatoes and the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Stir in slightly all the chopped ingredients till they are nicely mixed.
- In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, (some red chilli if you fancy), the vinegars. Mix well until homogenized. Add to the dry ingredients and mix again.