Here it is another beautiful potato salad that you can make in minutes that it's not only very nutritious but extremely yummy too. Packed with wholesomeness and awesomeness.
I do recall my mum making this potato and egg with olives salad when I was a child; she used to call it Oriental salad - not quite sure why and whether that was a national dish that was called this way or was her thing. I'm assuming it was believed the recipe was coming from the Orient somewhere. I have chosen to call it Mediterranean salad as it contains a mixture of ingredients that are more Mediterranean than anything else.
But hey, who really cares what this potato salad is called and where it's coming from, all I know is that is delicious and we all ❤️ it! I'm pretty sure you will too!
I've make this for parties many times and every time it was always a real hit. One of those dishes that would disappear very, very, quickly.
It's a particularly good idea for a garden party, a side to a BBQ because it contains potatoes and can go very well with children too. It is a good choice for people with allergies, vegetarians, unless you don't eat eggs in which case you can simply ditch those from it.
Mediterranean potato, egg and olive salad
- chopping board
- glass bowl
- 500 g red potatoes (organic)
- 5 eggs (organic) hard boiled
- 20 Olives (pitted) ideally Kalamata
- 2 spring onions (organic)
- 2-3 red peppers (pickled)
- 2 celery stalks (organic)
- 1/2 red pepper (organic)
- 1 medium red onion (organic)
- 10-15 springs parsley (organic)
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 100 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1-2 red chilli (optional)
- Wash and boil the potatoes leaving the skin on. Put 1 tsp of salt when boiling. Do not over boil. Just see instructions on the packaging as depending on the potatoes the boiling time can differ.
- Boil the eggs and make sure they are hard. Depending on their size, they should be boiled for 10-12 minutes. When finished, pour out the hot water and put ice cold water on. Leave in cold water for a while.
- Take pips out of the olives and cut those in halves.
- Take out a larger bowl and start putting in everything as you chop.
- Take out the pickled peppers and chop them into preferred size chunks.
- Chop the celery, the red pepper, spring and the red onion as well as the parsley.
- Chop the boiled and cooled potatoes and the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Stir in slightly all the chopped ingredients till they are nicely mixed.
- In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, (some red chilli if you fancy), the vinegars. Mix well until homogenized. Add to the dry ingredients and mix again.
Manuel Hallman says
Perfect recipe, definitely a regular now, thanks for sharing. Even my kids loved it.
I just wanted to let you know that I have made this recipe and both myself and my mum absolutely loved it. It is a great tasting recipe with the egg in and the olives, probably the best potato salad I have eaten. Thank you so much for sharing it with us
Thank you so much dear Zita, I am so thrilled you ladies loved my potato salad recipe.
Delicious! I will definitely make this again. Didn’t have pickled peppers, but used homemade cucumber/pepper relish...about 3T. So, Yummly!
Thank you so much Miriam! I am sure the relish works as well with this recipe 😉
Hi Ramona thank you for this recipe
I don’t normally put reviews but this is a 10 star recipe for me absolutely loved it.
thank you so much for sharing. It’s definitely a regular now.
I’m not much of a cook but I decided to make something for my wife last week and surprise her and I made this since we both love potatoes. Delicious!
Thank you so much for your message Ted, I am so glad you decided to surprise your lovely lady with my salad. I am even happier you guys loved it 😉 and I hope you will try other potato recipes and not only 😉 Thanks again, have a lovely week ahead!
I have made this salad for a gathering last weekend and OMG I wish I had doubled the recipe - it went in seconds and people were asking for more. I have to say I managed to get a spoonful of it as I made it for the first time and it was absolutely delicious. I will make it again just for the two of us to enjoy - what a great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing! I wouldn't change a thing about it. Yummmm
Thank you so much dear Jessica for your feedback. I am thrilled you liked this potato salad recipe - we do too!
Jacqueline Debono says
I love salads with potatoes and this sounds so good. A really delicious combination of flavours and a great BBQ side as you say! Yum!
Thank you Jacqui, indeed. Perfect combination to my liking any time. I used to have a lot as child ??
Angela @ Allergy Free Angela says
This is a lovely looking potato salad! I love the variety of ingredients you have added to make it so colorful. 🙂
Thank you so much Angela,
It is colourful and truly textured and tasty. One of my faves- I’m such a potato lover. Never enough potato ?
Brian Jones says
That sounds delicious, a great collection of ingredients... I agree with you this would work a treat with a whole host of BBQ dishes!
Thank you so much Brian ??