Here it is another salads that you can make in minutes that it’s not only very nutritious but extremely yummy. 😜
I do remember my mum making this I when I was a child; she used to call it Oriental salad – not quite sure why, but I’m assuming it is because she thought the recipe was coming from the Orient somewhere. I have chosen to call it Mediterranean salad as I’m not entirely sure Asia/East Asians use a lot of egg and olives in their food/diet. 🍳 🌶 🌿
But hey, who really cares what is called and where is coming from, all I know is that is delicious and we all ❤️ it! And I’m pretty sure you will too! 👍🏼😜
I’ve make this for parties sometimes and it was always something that would disappear very, very, quickly. It’s a particularly good idea for a garden party, a side to a BBQ because it contains potatoes and can go very well with children too. It is a good choice for people with allergies, vegetarians, unless you don’t eat eggs in which case you can simply ditch those from it.
Mediterranean potato, egg and olive salad
- 500 g red potatoes (organic)
- 5 eggs (organic) hard boiled
- 20 Olives (pitted) ideally Kalamata
- 2 spring onions (organic)
- 2-3 red peppers (pickled)
- 2 celery stalks (organic)
- 1/2 red pepper (organic)
- 1 medium red onion (organic)
- 10-15 springs parsley (organic)
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 100 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1-2 red chilli (optional)
- Wash and boil the potatoes leaving the skin on. Put 1 tsp of salt when boiling. Do not over boil. Just see instructions on the packaging as depending on the potatoes the boiling time can differ.
- Boil the eggs and make sure they are hard. Depending on their size, they should be boiled for 10-12 minutes. When finished, pour out the hot water and put ice cold water on. Leave in cold water for a while.
- Take pips out of the olives and cut those in halves.
- Take out a larger bowl and start putting in everything as you chop.
- Take out the pickled peppers and chop them into preferred size chunks.
- Chop the celery, the red pepper, spring and the red onion as well as the parsley.
- Chop the boiled and cooled potatoes and the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Stir in slightly all the chopped ingredients till they nicely mixed.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, (some red chili if you fancy), the vinegars. Mix well until homogenized. Add to the dry ingredients and mix again.