Flan is one of my favourite desserts. Anything containing custard is. This is delicious and it is best served cold!
You may also like these dessert recipes :
- Crème brûlée -the best and the simplest dessert
- 17 Ultimate Chocolate Desserts for All Tastes
- 10 Super Easy Dessert Recipes to Wow Your Friends and Family
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Homemade no dough flan
Who does not like an old flan recipe? Now you can make it at home with just a few ingredients.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 10 servings
- ovenproof dish
- hand electric mixer
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 ml milk
- 180 g vanilla custard powder
- 200 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 sachets vanilla (or vanilla beans)
- 70 g corn starch
- 15-20 prunes (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180C or 350F.
- In a bowl place the egg yolks, the whole eggs, the sugar, vanilla and mix very well with a mixer.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the vanilla custard powder, the cornstarch with the pinch of salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the liquid mix over the dry ones mixing well until all incorporates well.
- Add the milk and give it all a good whizz.
- Butter an oven proof dish and put aside.
- Put the mix into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Whisk continuously until it starts bubbling and until the custard begins to thicken. Put the heat on low and continue to mix until the custard is thick that you can see whisking trails in it. Switch off the heat.
- Place the custard into the ovenproof dish , scatter the prunes around if you choose to put any in and put in the oven.
- Bake for about 1 h 20' or slightly more until it is nice and has formed a nice brown skin.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Once completely cooled you can place in the fridge for an hour or longer to make it ready to be served.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 413mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg