Yet another recipe emerged from kids asking mummy to make healthy snacks but this time using chocolate as they are little chocoholics.
What are these clusters?
A gathering of really fantastic fabulous and formidable ingredients. I have made these super-nutritious chocolate-clusters a few times and every time I used different ingredients, as you can mixing ingredients according to what you have around the kitchen and there are lots of things you can put in such as dry fruits, raisins, golden berries, seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame etc.
I like all these super powders such as chlorella, Lucuma, Maka powder which I’m very much into for the past couple of years. I get those in whole-foods store and they are just superb source of vitamins, minerals, proteins and so on, but allow me just mention few things about chlorella for example as I’m fascinated by this.
what is chlorella?
Chlorella has been chosen by NASA to be one of the first foods grown on the space station, and Japanese people believe is so good that they’ve turned it into no 1 food supplement to be taken on daily basis.
I’m sure unless you know about it, you’re now asking yourself, but what is this chlorella?
It is a freshwater green alga that has been studied and widely agreed by researchers that it is one of the most powerful superfoods we can nourish our bodies with. It boosts our immune system, it stimulates digestion and the production of interferon (natural proteins produced by the cells of the immune system to fight against viruses, parasites and tumours). It is believed that they are one of the body’s most potent defences against cancer.
What really captured my attention and fascinates me about this algae is that its fibrous outer shell binds with the heavy metals in the bloodstream and assists in pulling them out of tissues to carry them out of the body. How amazing is this?!
If you like this recipe, you may also like these :
- 17 Ultimate Chocolate Desserts for All Tastes
- Double coffee lush chocolate cake
- Delicious homemade chocolate
I’m just going to continue with the chocolate clusters recipe now ….
Super nutritious choco-clusters
- silicone mini cupcakes moulds
- 350 g dark chocolate min 70% cocoa mass
- 3 tbsp linseeds (organic, ground)
- 2 tbsp almond (ground)
- 2 tbsp goji berries dried
- 15 g meringue crushed
- 3 tbsp cereal flakes bran
- 1 tbsp Lucuma powder (organic)
- 1 tbsp chlorella powder (organic)
- 2 tbsp cranberries dried
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid
- 2 tsp chia seeds or poppy seeds
- 10 amaretti biscuits slightly crushed
- 2 tbsp coconut desiccated, to sprinkle over
- Crush the chocolate into smaller pieces and put in a glass bowl over a hot water pan. Melt the chocolate. When this has melted, switch the heat off, add the coconut oil and stir until the coconut has completely melted into the super warm chocolate. Take the bowl away from the hot water pan and let it rest for a few minutes (5-6') until cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the chocolate and coconut oil mix and fold until homogenized.
- Pour the mixture into mini cupcake cases silicone ones. Sprinkles few flakes of coconut over to finish.
- For quick setting, place those on a tray in the fridge for at least half an hour.