Oh! I can’t express enough how much I like the potato, sausage and cheese combination. It is one of those combinations that are made in heaven and you can never stop eating.
This potato, sausage and parmesan cheese bake is a comfort food that you would want to eat again and again, it’s truly delicious and you can prepare it in a short flash.
With only so little ingredients it is amazing what you can do, right? It is so fun to open the fridge, see what the garden has to offer and make a quick decision. We just arrived back from a nice holiday and the fridge did not have a great deal to offer, garden had some nice potatoes, so this is how this meal was created. Simple but delicious, with just five ingredients. It is not bad at all, time but also taste-wise.
This can make a nice party meal, whether is adults or children it will be a total blast and will disappear in no time.
Feel free to ditch the meat and substitute it with a nice feta cheese cubes or crumbles.
Whichever way you want to have it I’m sure it’ll be a proper bliss and you will definitely please some taste buds over there.
Here is the recipe, it’s quick and it’s yummy!
Potato, sausage and Parmesan cheese bake
- ovenproof dish
- chopping board
- glass bowl
- 600 g new potatoes
- 400 g sausages
- 150 ml double cream or full fat creme fraiche
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely greated
- 7-8 sprigs parsley chopped to sprikle over
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Place a saucepan with a litre of water on fire. Add salt and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, wash thoroughly the potatoes and cut into halves or quarters depending on how big they are.
- Put the potatoes in the water and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Shallow fry the sausages for a few minutes until they release most of the fat. To make this easier make sure your crust open their skin so their fat world gets released a lot easier.
- In a bowl mix the crème fraîche or double cream with the garlic and freshly ground pepper as well as half of the parsley.
- When the potatoes are ready, mix them with the double cream mix. Put them into the baking tray/dish.
- When this is all finished, mix the potatoes with sausages and put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- On the last five minutes of baking sprinkle some cheese preferably would be Parmesan but truthfully, any cheese would do.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining parsley and serve while hot.