This potato, sausage and parmesan cheese bake makes a truly delicious family meal that's also ready in no time and takes very little prep. This dish makes that perfect comfort midweek meal. Let the oven do the work.
Oh! I can’t express enough how much I like the potato, sausage and parmesan cheese trio, a combination to die for. It is one of those combinations that are made in heaven and you can never stop eating.
This potato, sausage and parmesan cheese bake is comfort food that you would want to eat, again and again. This potato, sausage and parmesan cheese bake it's truly delicious and you can prepare it in a short flash.
With only so little ingredients it is amazing what you can do, right? It is so fun to open the fridge, see what the garden has to offer and make a quick decision. We just arrived back from a nice holiday and the fridge did not have a great deal to offer, the garden had some nice potatoes, so this is how this meal was created. Simple but delicious, with just five ingredients. It is not bad at all, time but also taste-wise.
This can make a nice party meal, whether is adults or children it will be a total blast and will disappear in no time.
Feel free to ditch the meat and substitute it with nice feta cheese cubes or crumbles.
Whichever way you want to have it I’m sure it’ll be a proper bliss and you will definitely please some taste buds over there.
This dish is just wonderful and you could use any kind of sausages, whether that is bangers, bratwurst, frankfurters, kielbasa, pepperoni or even chorizo. I have used some French saucisses which we bought from France last time we were there.
Variations to this recipe:
This recipe goes well with any type of meat, bacon, gammon or simply with no meat at all making a nice vegetarian dish.
The parmesan cheese can also be substituted for any cheddar or mozzarella cheese or any cheese you fancy.
Enjoy this wonderful and tasty potato sausage and parmesan cheese bake recipe.
Here is the recipe, it’s quick and it’s yummy!
Potato, sausage and Parmesan cheese bake
- ovenproof dish
- chopping board
- glass bowl
- 600 g new potatoes
- 400 g sausages
- 150 ml double cream or full fat creme fraiche
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely grated
- 7-8 sprigs parsley chopped to sprinkle over
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven at 190°C/375F.
- Place a saucepan with a litre of water on fire. Add salt and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, wash thoroughly the potatoes and cut into halves or quarters depending on how big they are.
- Put the potatoes in the water and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Shallow fry the sausages for a few minutes until they release most of the fat. To make this easier simply make some incisions on their skin so the fat gets released a lot easier.
- In a bowl mix the crème fraîche or double cream with the garlic and freshly ground pepper as well as half of the parsley.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain them completely of any water. Mix them with the double cream mix. Put them into the baking tray/dish.
- Add the sausages to the potatoes and place in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes at 190°C/375F.
- Five minutes before finishing, carefully take out of the oven, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over and place back in the oven and continue baking them for an extra 5 min. If you do not have Parmesan any melting cheese would do.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining parsley and serve while hot. Delicious! Enjoy!