If you are looking for a super quick dinner and a sweet potato recipe look no further, you have definitely found the right recipe here. Make this a warm chicken salad even or use some baked sweet potatoes for an absolutely delish outcome. So good and full of flavors.
This is a delightful serving for three or four of your family members or friends, overwhelming your tasting buds with the sweetness of the potatoes with the gritty mushrooms & leaves. A true hearty dish.
This is a must-make recipe for any mushrooms and sweet potato lovers. The combination is absolutely superb and so moreish. It goes very well with children as it is slightly on the sweet side but extra healthy at the same time.
🥬 Ingredients needed for this recipe
This recipe is fairly simplistic with only 4 ingredients however it still packs a punch
- Main ingredients
- sweet potato
- green beans
- green leaves
- chicken (as a non-vegan)
- coconut oil - use olive oil or any other cooking oil
- green leaves - you can use anything from kale to spinach
- sweet potatoes - can be swapped out with regular potatoes or yam
🔪 How to make this sweet potato and mushroom dish?
step 1 - prepare the ingredients (gather, peel, chop, and wash them)
step 2 - Cut the sweet potatoes and the green beans into desired sizes.
step 3 - Pan fry the sweet potatoes and the green beans
step 4 - Add the mushrooms
step 5 - Add the green leaves and let them cook for a couple of additional minutes.
step 6 - Season with salt and pepper, serve and enjoy!
🍠 Benefits of sweet potato
Sweet potatoes have many beneficial qualities and can help you in many ways:
- Sweet potatoes are said to be high in carbohydrates which are really good if you are an active person. Carbs give you more energy as they contain starch (approx. 53%) and smaller sugar molecules such as glucose, fructose, maltose, and sucrose (approx. 32%). This makes them very energy-packed power meals.
- They are high in protein and fiber which is fantastic for body building and even growth and repair. personal trainers often notice that people focus on protein but tend to leave out the fiber which is in fact quite important in your body. It is responsible for healthy digestion, burning fat, and building muscle.
- anthocyanins present in (purple) sweet potatoes help with liver damage and recovery. Anthocyanins are said to have antioxidant properties meaning that they are good for overall health and can help keep those who are exposed to high pollution levels and even cigarette smoke, in better condition.
- Improving skin health, controlling blood pressure, development, and improving your metabolism are multiple other reasons why you may prefer to eat it as an alternative to other vegetables.
There is no reason to even think twice before chopping one or two into your meals. You can choose to use it as an alternative to normal potatoes as it is attributed to weight loss and is a favorite amongst athletes.
• Sweet potatoes contain important nutrients that can be helpful to maintaining good health and to losing weight. They are considered as low GI food (low-glycemic index) meaning that there will be no spike in blood sugar levels. It contains a good amount of fiber which is also very important to any healthy diet.
• Sweet potatoes are still starchy vegetables and are not so low in carbs (approximately 20 net carbs per medium potato). If you are into countings the carbs, you might look at only choosing them occasionally and not putting them on the plate every day. Truthfully, there are so many veggies to choose from and replace those every now and then.
Well, like everything else, what is too much can become harmful. Sweet potatoes could potentially present some risks too. They're a high source of potassium, which means they may not be suitable for people who take beta-blockers. Everything in moderation I am sure will be just fine.
Sweet potatoes are often regarded as being healthier than white potatoes, but realistically, both potato types can be highly nutritious. While regular and sweet potatoes are comparable calorie-wise, in carbs content, and protein. Sweet potatoes have higher vitamin A content while white or regular potatoes contain more potassium.
🥘 Other quick dinner recipes you might like:
👩🏻🍳 You may also like :
- Easy Chicken Kebabs
- Smoked meatloaf with quail eggs
- Quinoa and roast vegetables
- Best And Simplest Ever Green Beans
- Curried Chicken And Green Beans Couscous
- Quick 'n' Yummy Mushrooms
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Creamy Mushroom Soup With Turmeric And Thyme
Sweet potatoes with mushrooms, green beans and greens
- chopping board
- wooden spoon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 300 g mushrooms (10.58 oz)
- 300 g green beans (10.58 oz)
- 400 g spring greens (14.11 oz) collard * (see recipe notes)
- 1 tbps olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper or chilli flakes for extra spice
- Cut the sweet potatoes and the green beans into small chunks.
- Put the coconut oil along with the sweet potatoes and the green beans in a frying pan and cook covered for about 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the green leaves and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spring greens can be substituted with kale or spinach. They are as good.
- Sweet potatoes are such a nice alternative to the conventional potato but have fewer calories and personally, I think they are so much tastier.