If you are looking for a super quick dinner and a sweet potato recipe look no further, you have definitely found the right recipe here. Make this a warm chicken salad even or use some baked sweet potatoes for an absolutely delishhh outcome. So good and full with flavours.
This is a delightful serving for three or four of your family members or friends, overwhelming your tasting buds with the sweetness of the potatoes with the gritty mushrooms & leaves. A true hearty dish.
A must-make recipe for any mushrooms and sweet potatoes lovers. The combination is absolutely superb and so moreish. It goes very well with children as it is slightly on the sweet side but extra healthy at the same time.
How to make this dish vegan?
Keep it vegan by simply choosing some tofu to accompany the sweet potatoes and the mushrooms instead of chicken. BEans are also a great option
Benefits of sweet potato
Sweet potatoes contain great levels of fibre as well as vitamins such as iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C. No reasons to even think twice before chopping one or two into our meals.
Other quick and yummy dinner recipes you might like :
Is sweet potato good for a diet?
• Sweet potatoes contain important nutrients that can be helpful to maintaining good health and to losing weight. They are considered as low GI food (low-glycemic index) meaning that there will be no spike in blood sugar levels. It contains a good amount of fibre which is also very important to any healthy diet.
• Sweet potatoes are still a starchy vegetable and not so low in carbs ( approximately 20 net carbs per medium potato). If you are into countings the carbs, you might look at choosing them only occasionally and not put them on the plate every day. Truthfully, there are so many veggies to chose from and replace those every now and then.
can sweet potato be bad for us?
Well, like everything else, what it is too much can become harmful. Sweet potatoes could potentially present some risks too. They’re a high source of potassium, which means they may not be suitable for people who take beta-blockers. Everything in moderation I am sure it will be just fine.
Is sweet potato healthier than potato?
Sweet potatoes are often regarded as being healthier than white potatoes, but realistically, both potato types can be highly nutritious. While regular and sweet potatoes are comparable calorie-wise, carbs content and protein.
Sweet potatoes with mushrooms, green beans and green leaves
- chopping board
- wooden spoon
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 300 g mushrooms
- 300 g green beans
- 400 g green leaves
- 1 tbps coconut oil
- Cut the sweet potatoes and the green beans into small chunks.
- Put the coconut oil along with the sweet potatoes and the green beans in a frying pan and cook covered for about 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the green leaves and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.