I’m sure you have been through this type of crisis where you had to come up with a quick, quick dessert for the little muncher musketeers who’d expect you put something nice on the table under their little eyes and moustaches that they can fork out in no time.
Here’s the crisis saviour- this four ingredients dessert will be ready in less than 30 min, including the baking. ?
Yes, that’s a promise….and …these little express Nutella, cherries ? and banana puffs are not only good looking and cute, they are sooooo delicious too!! ?
I made them again a couple of days back during half term holidays when my children have had a couple of classmates around for a play day.
I did promise them I will be preparing something sweet for and then the next minute on the table appears a full tray with this lovely cute little puffs. They said: “Oh, that was quick!” Yeyyyy!! I did get even a peacock dance ?
Yes, they are ready in a flash and are delicious. Oh, I know I said that already but it’s worth repeating. ?
Those little puffs go down very well because of the Nutella and that’s only a wild guess ?, but it’s a perfect dessert to hide some fruits in.
Lucky I don’t have this issue and don’t need to do this because my children do love all fruits and they are very adventurous when it comes to trying new ones, but I know sometimes children do not venture too much when it comes to new foods, especially fruits and veg.
Give those a try but fill with fruits don’t try hiding broccoli and aubergines in them, that will not work, you may get caught out! ?
Serious business now here’s this super simple four ingredients recipe that will be ready in a flash. ?
Banana, cherry and nutella puffs
- 1 puffed pastry (ready rolled) *
- 10 cherries (I used frozen ones)
- 1 banana (chopped into larger chunks)
- 3-4 tbsp Nutella (at room temperature)
- 1 egg white (to brush over)
- Preheat the oven at 190 C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 equal rectangles and then cut each rectangle diagonally. You will have 16 triangles now.
- Spread some Nutella on each triangle and then place the banana chunk or 2-3 cherries or mixed on each.
- Once all finished with spreading and placing the fruits start rolling them and place in the baking tray.
- Beat the egg white slightly and with a silicone brush brush every single one over to give them a nice finish. They will look good!
- Bake for 15 min at 180 C until they're become beautifully puffed up and turn a nice brown.
- Take out of the oven and try and reach the table. I tried to get a few snaps before realizing there were none left despite being quite hot. All I could hear was a lot of "hmmmms" and quite a bit of blowing going on ? ?