I'm sure you have been through this type of crisis where you had to come up with a quick, quick dessert for the little muncher musketeers who'd expect you put something nice on the table under their little eyes and moustaches that they can fork out in no time.
Here's the crisis saviour- this four-ingredient dessert will be ready in less than 30 min, including the baking.
Yes, that's a promise....and ...these little express Nutella, cherries and banana puffs are not only good looking and cute, but they are also sooooo delicious too.
I made them again a couple of days back during half-term holidays when my children have had a couple of classmates around for a play day.
I did promise them I will be preparing something sweet for and then the next minute on the table appears a full tray with this lovely cute little puffs. They said: "Oh, that was quick!" Yeyyyy!! I did get even a peacock dance. Haha.
Just to show you how to get those started here's a snap of it.
Those little puffs go down very well because of the Nutella and that's only a wild guess, but it's a perfect dessert to hide some fruits in and almost get unnoticed.
Lucky I don't have this issue and don't need to do this because my children do love all fruits and they are very adventurous when it comes to trying new ones, but I know sometimes children do not venture too much when it comes to new foods, especially fruits and veg.
Give those a try but fill with fruits don't try hiding broccoli and aubergines in them, that will not work, you will get caught out!
These little cute banana puffs are ideal for parties. They look absolutely great and they will disappear very, very fast. Replace the cherries and banana with any other desired fruit such as any berries, peach, apricot, and can add some chopped nuts and or poppy seeds.
The puff pastry can be replaced with a plain no butter dough but truthfully ...why bother?!
A treat is ultimately a treat.... but for diversity, I'd say yeah, go for it, change the dough with this doughnut dough and just add some extra flour when working with it.
This is me, itchy 😉 haha, I always like complicating things a little for myself. You don't need to though.
Those can obviously be eaten warm or cold but they won't last to get cold, that is for sure!
We did burn our lip a little here but no one really minded that too much.
Enjoy those quick and amazingly easy to make yummy cherry and banana puffs.
Serious business now here's this super simple four ingredients recipe that will be ready in a jiffy.
Banana, Cherry and Nutella Puffs
- 1 puffed pastry (ready rolled) *
- 10 cherries (I used frozen ones)
- 1 banana (chopped into larger chunks)
- 3-4 tbsp Nutella (at room temperature)
- 1 egg white (to brush over)
- Preheat the oven at 180C 350F and line a tray with baking paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 equal rectangles and then cut each rectangle diagonally. You will have 16 triangles now.
- Spread some Nutella on each triangle and then place the banana chunk or 2-3 cherries or mixed on each.
- Once all finished with spreading and placing the fruits start rolling them and place in the baking tray.
- Beat the egg white slightly and with a silicone brush touch every single one over to give them a nice finish. They will look realy good!
- Bake for 15 min at 180 C until they're become beautifully puffed up and turn a nice brown.
- Take out of the oven and try and reach the table. I tried to get a few snaps before realizing there were none left despite being quite hot. All I could hear was a lot of "hmmmms" and quite a bit of blowing going on.