Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they say and I have to agree with that as if I don't have a nice start ... and of course, I mean food-wise, my day will be thumbs down.
This stack makes me jump up and down with a great feeling of satisfaction. It is filling despite being carbs free, it is gluten-free too.
It will really fill you up nicely for hours. Whenever I have this I don’t feel like eating for a long time after. In fact, I can go all the way to the tea time after eating this.
It is healthy packed with protein on top of protein and can be piled up in no time?.
Anyways, I can't start the day by being hungry and I think you shouldn't either, so here we go a nice and very satisfying idea for a great start to any day.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Eggs with spinach breakfast
- English breakfast in a flash
- Waffle, quail eggs, bacon and maple syrup lush breakfast
- Shakshuka, egg breakfast with a twist
- Egg and bacon-wrapped asparagus breakfast
Let's get this piled up, shall we?
Breakfast delightful pile
- glass bowl
- 6 large eggs (organic)
- 300 g mushrooms (10.58 oz) (organic)
- 350 g salmon (12.35 oz) (smoked)
- 200 g cottage cheese (7.05 oz) or cream cheese
- 3 springs onion scallions (organic) optional
- ground salt
- ground pepper
- drizzle olive oil
- sprigs parsley (to garnish)
- 4 slices bread (optional) I used homemade sourdough
- Wash mushrooms and set them aside to drain any excess water.
- In a bowl, break the eggs, add some freshly ground pepper, a tiny pinch of salt (salmon is normally pretty salty so bear that in mind). Add around 80 g cream cheese or double creme and whisk until all is nicely incorporated
- Chop the mushrooms and put them in a nonstick pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on medium heat with a touch of pepper for about 8-10 min until all water evaporated - you can carry on cooking for another few minutes, add some more olive oil and fry them a little if you fancy that.
- Heat a large frying nonstick pan with a tiny drizzle of olive oil, add the chopped spring onions (scallions). Cook these for a minute or two tossing them around until they soften slightly.
- Tip in the egg mixture and move around the pan until about three quarters have scrambled then let it settle and cook to perfection for another 2 min - toss or flip if necessary.
- Serve on a slice of nice toasted sourdough bread and pile the ingredients alternating between the omelette, the mushrooms and the salmon. Tip it with a generous knob of creme or cottage cheese and garnish with either dill or parsley. Enjoy!
Proper protein pile this is - yumm! I have to give it a try as I never thought of this combination. This will make me fly the day 😉 Love the idea
Thank you Nicola,
I am so glad you liked the recipe. it will really make you fly, that’s for sure 😉 Enjoy it.