Asparagus, egg and bacon! Doesn’t this sound perfect to you as for me it is one of the best combinations ever?
Asparagus it’s now in full season and as always, I do advocate for eating seasonal when the ingredients are at their best.
Seasonal produce does give us the best of benefits in so many ways:
– it goes quite a way easier on our pockets/wallets;
– it is most likely pretty locally produced hence it helps our little local hard-working farmer for whom I have a lot of respect.
– very importantly, it has the most flavour as well as health benefits.
As far as the bacon and the eggs are concerned, these are definitely always in season and I do love and have both all year round.
This bacon wrapped asparagus dish is so easy to prepare, it is pretty elegant to have and serve, and you only need three ingredients, combo that will absolutely overwhelm anyone’s taste palette and buds with its very tasty simplicity.
It inundates my mouth as I describe this right now although I’ve only had it a couple of days back . And if you would like more breakfast ideas containing eggs, here are some more. Try this waffle and quail eggs one or this beautiful shakshuka or this eggs and bacon cupcakes. All delicious breakfasts and many more to choose from.
Easy, simple and pure deliciousness👌
Let’s get wrapping then!?
Egg and bacon wrapped asparagus breakfast
- 4 eggs (soft boiled) * see recipe notes
- 20 stalks of asparagus
- 10 rashers bacon
- Line an oven dish or tray with baking paper. I use a Silpat mat
- Wash the asparagus and slightly pat dry. Trim of the woody bits at the end of the stem (approx 2-3 cm) * (see recipe notes).
- Cut your bacon rashes into 2-3 strips lengthways.
- Wrap the bacon strips around the asparagus stems and place on the prepared oven tray/dish.
- Place the oven tray in the middle of the oven and turn the heat on set to 190 C *(see recipe notes). Bake until the bacon is nice and crisp, I would say for about 15 to a maximum of 20 minutes.