Any garlic mushroom recipe would make me super happy but these garlic “infused” mushrooms are simply amazing. The dish will take literally minutes to prepare and is truly delicious.
I make this as a side to any meat and I don’t know why but we particularly like this as a side to beef, a perfect combo.
Mushrooms, oh mushrooms, I can eat mushrooms all day long, every day. They are so good and versatile and the beauty is that they are available all year round so I am never short of fungi, always have plenty in my fridge.
I know I like them with beef but truthfully they can be a side dish and can get combined with almost anything needless to say that they can comfortably be a dish on their own. My kids really love those with a nice homemade polenta – so nice, they really know what and how to eat those two.
I also choose to cook the chestnut type of mushrooms, I like them more than the white ones, sometimes I also go for oyster mushrooms. We also love adding some meat to it with a dash of cream and onion – see this Creamy chicken and mushrooms for a super delicious recipe, something for meatarians too, truly yummy or this Vegan mushrooms and polenta
Let’s get cooking this delicious hocus pocus super easy garlic infused mushrooms.
- chopping board
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms (organic)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (pink)
- pepper (to taste)
- parsley (to garnish)
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and chop them into the desired size.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and put in the chopped mushrooms with some salt, freshly ground pepper and turmeric powder. Cook for about 12-15 min until water has all run out.
- Crush and chop the garlic, add it to the mushrooms along with the olive or the coconut oil and cook for further 2 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle some parsley on top, crush some pepper and enjoy.