Any garlic mushroom recipe would make me super happy but these garlic "infused" mushrooms are simply amazing. The dish will take literally minutes to prepare and is truly delicious.
How To Serve Garlic Infused Mushrooms
I make this as a side to any meat and I don’t know why but we particularly like this as a side to beef, a perfect combo.
Mushrooms, oh mushrooms, I can eat mushrooms all day long, every day. They are so good and versatile. The beauty is that they are available all year round so I am never short of fungi, always have plenty in my fridge.
I know I like them with beef but truthfully they can be a side dish and can get combined with almost anything needless to say that they can comfortably be a dish on their own. My kids really love those with a nice homemade polenta - so nice, they really know what and how to eat those two.
This garlic infused mushrooms make a fab side to a BBQ!
Other mushrooms type to use
- I choose to cook the chestnut or cremini type of mushrooms, I like them more than the white cup ones, they taste better, they are nuttier.
- I sometimes go for oyster mushrooms which I adore.
- portobello mushrooms
- king oyster mushrooms
- Morel mushrooms - a speciality that I grew up eating - simply unbelievable.
I also love adding some meat to it with a dash of cream and onion - see this Creamy chicken and mushrooms for a super delicious recipe, something for meatarians too, truly yummy or this Vegan mushrooms and polenta.
Let's get cooking this delicious hocus pocus super easy garlic infused mushrooms.
- chopping board
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms (17.64 oz) (organic)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (pink)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- parsley (to garnish)
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and chop them into the desired size.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and put in the chopped mushrooms with some salt, freshly ground pepper and turmeric powder. Cook for about 12-15 min until water has all run out.
- Crush and chop the garlic, add it to the mushrooms along with the olive or the coconut oil and cook for a further 2 minutes tossing occasionally.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle some parsley on top, crush some pepper and enjoy.