I cannot have a day pass by and not have a salad, can you?
I could easily eat salad every day and never get bored or tired of them because the possibilities and the variety that you can make is endless.
The good thing about the salads in general is that those can be made really, really quick, they have that sweet, tangy taste, they are crisp, invigorating and super refreshing, and… apart from a soup, they can make a perfect lunch or a side to anything. ? ?
I have made this recipe many, many times and it is one of those ones that you can have any time of the year. Last time I made this salad was a few days ago, I came back from work and asked kids what they would fancy for dinner. The answer was a pretty quick and surprising one, my 10 and 8 year olds asked for a healthy salad, ?? “one of those delicious salads you make “, I was told, so I had to deliver ;-)).
If you eat this carrot & red cabbage salad on its own, as a main dish, you could go for a more rich dressing such as a peanut one (check the recipe notes) or you could add some chicken or beans for some protein so it is more filling.
I have made this and had it with the spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast ?? and it was delicious. ?
You can certainly feel adventurous and add ingredients of your choice or liking.
Give this salad recipe a try!
- 2 carrots (organic)
- 1/2 red cabbage (organic)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (organic)
- 1/2 cucumber (organic)
- 1-2 sticks celery (organic)
- salad creme or any vinaigrette you like
- parsley or coriander (to your taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Wash all ingredients and peel the carrot and the cucumber if you prefer (I rarely peel the cucumber though. Only the non-organic ones.
- Shred the cabbage and great the cucumber and the carrot. Place in a bowl. Chop the celery and set it all aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and place all in a bowl.
- Mix everything add salt and some pepper to taste and sprinkle the vinaigrette all over in the desired quantity.