It was such a nice and hot summer over here in the UK and pretty much all over Europe from what I gather, the US too. I’m sure you have been feeling the same but a good refreshing drink it’s always welcome, with or without ice! .
Definitely a cold drink can come in handy and quite heavenly on a super hot day if you’re still experiencing hot weather. Over here it has cooled off a little but it is still very pleasant with temperatures above average.
Drink like this provides good, nutrition, it is refreshing and so rewarding especially served over ice on a super hot weather. This fruit punch makes no exception.
We make it quite often regardless of the waether and we just choose to use ice or skip this. Kids particularly love fishing out the fruits. We use different fruits almost every time we make this and alternate between berries ( any type of berry), grapes, melon, water melon, figs, you name it!
A good refreshing vitamin punch like this is always great and adding some frozen cherries or grapes to it will make it cooler and undiluted as opposed to adding ice.
All that’s needed it’s a few ingredients mainly fruits and it’s good to go in just a few minutes. The most time consuming task in here is juicing the oranges.
Summer cocktail with orange and passion fruit
- 4 Oranges juiced
- Ice optional
- 4 Passion fruits
- 1 handful Cherries
- 6 Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint
- 1 Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp honey or Coconut blossom nectar
- Squeeze/juice the oranges and the lemon. Mix well.
- Take the 4 serving glasses out and share the juice equally between them.
- Add water or lemonade (if you prefeto the desired level.
- Mix in the honey or the coconut nectar. Give it all a good mix until this has duly dissolved.
- Add the strawberries (you can slightly smash them for extra flavour, passion fruit (you may sieve this if you would rather not have the peeps).
- Add the mint leaves slightly bruised, a few ice cubes a couple of cherries and serve with or without a straw.