I have made this Thai style roast chicken three or four times in the past couple of months and every time it is such a hit. It disappears in minutes. It became all a pile of bones in no time. So, for short it is always a winner and kids absolutely loved it too!
How to make this Thai style roast chicken?
It is probably one of these dishes that cannot get any simpler and easier to prepare.
- wash the chicken
- prepare the sauce
- rub that on the chicken
- place chicken on a baking tray and bake. It is as simple as this.
It is one of those dinner dishes that you just want to make over and over because it tastes so good. It’s super healthy, it’s low carbs, gluten-free and totally hassle-free 😉
how long to roast a chicken
Chicken Roasting time suggestions:
At 200 C/400 F
– 60 minutes per 1.5 kg of chicken, plus 5 min extra for each 100g.
Eg: A 1.8 kg chicken will take about 1h and 15 min.
This roast chicken will go along very well with vegetables, steamed, baked or stir-fried with rice or a cauliflower couscous.
Here are some more delicious chicken recipes you may like :
- One-pot chicken, chorizo and nduja bake
- Teriyaki chicken skewers
- Spinach and mushrooms stuffed chicken breast
- Yummy spicy coconut chicken
Thai Style Roast Chicken
- ovenproof dish
- 1.8 kg chicken 1 med chicken – whole (organic) organic
- 2 tbsp curry paste (Thai -red)
- 200 g coconut milk (organic)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tbsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper freshly ground
- In a big bowl where you could fit the chicken start by mixing the Thai curry paste with the coconut milk, freshly grated ginger, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in and rub the mix all over it. Set aside for a few minutes to half an hour or even half a day (in the fridge) if time permits.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (fan assisted) or 200C/400F Gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin best if you have one of those clay pots that has its lid too. Pour all the remainder of the curry paste mix over the chicken. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over it.
- Slide it into the oven and roast for about 70 min (depending on chicken size) see notes below regarding chicken cooking times.
- Remove it from the oven and take the cover off. With the help of a spoon, spoon some juices over it and return into the oven.
- Increase the heat to 200C fan assisted/ 220C / 425F/ Gas mark 7 and bake for another 30-40 min until its skin becomes nice crisp and golden. Pierce with a fork or a metallic skewer and if the juice that comes out of the chicken is clear it is ready to take out.
- Rest it (even if you can’t really wait to tuck in 😉 ) for 15 min before beginning to carve.
- Remove the coconut milk and the curry paste juices, place it in a small dish which you can place back in the oven to remain nice and hot while the chicken rests. This will be absolutely divined to pour over whatever you choose to eat as a side to this.