I made this in the middle of the week as despite looking like an adventurous and quite ambitious dish, it is in fact very easy and straight forward one to prepare. It will be ready in no time and trust me you will feel very proud of the outcome. It looks and tastes fantastic!! Just give it a go!
I don’t know about you but during the week, I’m trying to cook as healthy and as quick as I possibly can. So, lately, I have been into this cauliflower couscous as is something that is a must eat and if you did not tried it yet….. do it now!
Let’s put it this way. Myself and my whole family in fact are not big cauliflower fans but prepared this way it tastes no longer like cauliflower at all!! It is delicious and highly addictive and I now make it at least 2-3 times a week. It cooks fast, ✔️ it is carbs free ✔️ and it tastes really nice ✔️, so, for me this ticks all the boxes. ✔️✔️ ?
Trout with courgette and cauliflower couscous
- 2 large rainbow trout fishes
- 3 courgettes (organic)
- 1 medium cauliflower (organic)
- 1/4 swede (organic)
- 2 small red onions (organic)
- 1/2 medium leek
- 1 stick celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nettles (dry)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 9-10 springs coriander
- 2 tsp italian herbs (dry)
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp white wine
- Wash and salt the fish inside and out and put aside for few minutes.
- Wash the courgette, cauliflower, celery, the leak and swede and peel the garlic and the red onions.
- Chop the onions, celery and swede and put into a small baking dish, mix in some herbs salt and a little olive oil. Mix well and put it in the oven. Cook for 20-30 min till nice and tender.
- Chop the garlic and put some inside each fish along with few leek rosettes and some freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle the wine, cayenne pepper and dry Italian herbs over each fish. Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper, "draw" two oil lines and place the fishes on top of each oil line. Bake for 15 minutes at 180-200 C - take out sprinkle some oil on top and place back in the oven for an extra 15-20 min.
- Put a nonstick pan over medium heat, sprinkle some coconut oil and place the courgettes in. Cook on both sides with a little salt.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cauliflower (break into florets) in a food processor and whizz few times until it becomes all like a gritty sand. Take it out in a bowl and repeat with the second half.
- Place a deep nonstick pan over medium heat, sprinkle some olive oil or coconut oil, and add the cauliflower couscous. Sprinkle the turmeric powder, dry herbs and the dry nettles. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 7-8 min tossing it few times.