Here is another flash dish that is delightful: it gets done in minutes and vanishes in seconds.
Again, this tatsoi and hoisin salmon stir-fry is one of those dishes that I've made plenty of times and never gone wrong. How could it go wrong?! If you like salmon, if you like your greens just go for it. Midweek, weekends, dinner or lunch, this is a perfect option.
Last time I have made this I've added plenty of sesame seeds both black and white as it adds a lot to the taste with all that nuttiness which perfectly complements this dish.
This tatsoi and salmon stir fry is just perfect! ? ✅
Let me tell you a bit about this tatsoi greens. It is originally an Asian green, available now almost everywhere in Europe and quite popular in North America too. It is super, super loaded with calcium, Vitamin C and carotenoids hence the reasons behind being called a super-food. The beauty of this is that is available all year round.
The salmon should be boneless or cook on bones and remove off the bones when mixing it with the greeneries.
Serving suggestions for this salmon stir-fry
I sometimes mix some balsamic vinegar 1 or 2 tbsp and 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar 1/2 tsp honey with 1/4 freshly grated ginger and one or two cloves of freshly ground/smashed or chopped garlic and sprinkle all over it. It's simply delicious!
Tatsoi can be used anywhere where spinach could go, so feel free to try it and see which one you do prefer most... for me, it is tatsoi as I like its juiciness as well as texture.
If you like this salmon recipe you may also like:
- Salmon and crudités salad with coconut blossom nectar and umami salt vinaigrette
- Swiss chard, salmon, turmeric and fresh lovage warm salad with acini de Pepe pasta
- Refreshing salmon pâté with crudities
- A delightful mess with salmon, broccoli and rice
Tatsoi and hoisin salmon stir fry
- 455 g salmon
- 300 g tenderstem broccoli
- 300 g tatsoi (fresh)
- 1 large pepper (red)
- 200 g kale (fresh)
- 2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 red chilli (Asian)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds (mixed)
- 5-6 medium shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- Mix the garlic with the ginger, 1/2 soy sauce, 1/2 of the hoisin sauce, 1/2 teriyaki sauce and the honey. Pour over the salmon pieces and leave aside for at least 20-30 min or even longer if possible.
- In a frying pan just cook the marinated salmon on a low heat. Turn occasionally. Depending on the size of the fish, cook till nicely browned.
- Simultaneously but separately, in a deeper frying pan ( wok ) add the sesame oil. Cook initially the mushrooms and the pepper for a 2-4 min. Then add the chopped greens ( broccoli and tatsoi) stirring occasionally. Add the remainder of the soy, teriyaki and hoisin sauces. Toss around and cook for around 5 minutes. Add the sliced red chilli.
- To finish off the cooking, add the salmon broken into bigger chunks and sprinkle some sesame seeds or the special sauce** (see recipe suggestions) or even both.