This is such a soul-hugger! A proper winter warmer that anyone would look forward to coming home to!
For me, my stomach is never large enough for this.
I like it simple, healthy and it is so yammy with no frying at all. I gave up frying years and years agoas I really think it is such an unhealthy habbit as well very unneccessary.
Let me know how you found this dish, did you like it as much as I do?
Winter beef casserole
- 1 kg beef cubed
- 1 l water
- 4 medium carrots
- 1/2 large celeriac
- 2 parsnips
- 2 small peppers (red or green)
- 1/2 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 swede
- 3-4 sticks celery
- 1/2 leek
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 150 g lentils (mixed) *
- 1 tbps himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbps paprika
- 3/4 tbps turmeric powder
- 1 tbps Moroccan spices **
- 1 tbps tomato paste
- 1/2 tomatoes (canned), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 chili (red), optional
- 2 tbps olive oil optional ***
- Dice the meat into preferred size and put into the cooking pot. Add 1 l of water add some salt and put on high heat.
- When the water begins to boil remove the foam that forms on top of the meat. Add the finely chopped onion. Cook this covered with a lid for about 20 mins on medium heat.
- Meanwhile chop all vegetables into chunks and after 20 min of cooking the meat add all the remaining ingredients (the veggies, the mixed lentils along with the paste and chopped tomatoes, the garlic and the turmeric powder, paprika and the spices). Cook (covered) for another 40 min on medium heat.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10-15 min.
- Serve while hot and optionally sprinkle some chillies over and fully savour it.