This awesome crispy bacon and raw broccoli salad is definitely a favorite amongst everyone that I know.
It’s really healthy and super tasty.
There is no cooking involved and providing that you have all ingredients handy, this will be on the table in a flash of a time.
It is a perfect choice as a side dish and a brilliant idea for any party.
I have to say that make this very, very often for us to share along with other dishes and mainly meat that is grilled or barbequed. My kids absolutely love it and so we are the big munchers – give it a try and you will see entirely what I mean.
Chop, chop, Done!!
Fresh broccoli salad
- 2 heads broccoli (organic)
- 2 small red onions
- 70 g sunflower seeds raw
- 50 g raisins
- 80 g bacon (crispy) slightly crushed/chopped
- 250 g creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp salad cream
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey, or 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper
- Wash the broccoli, shake well to get rid of any water. Prepare a bowl and cut broccoli into small florets.
- Chop the onions finely and add to a bowl together with the bacon all broken/chopped into small pieces, the sunflower seeds and the raisins.
- In a separate smaller bowl, put the creme fraîche, vinegar, salt, pepper, agave syrup/honey/sugar, mayonnaise and the salad creme. Mix all to incorporate and pour over the broccoli.
- Mix everything together very well and serve. It is best to make this slightly in advance so that the broccoli gets in all that lovely flavours. It lasts for a 2-3 days in the fridge.
Creme fraîche can be replaced by buttermilk or a yogurt which can be full fat, fat free(if you really insist) or in between. I don’t recommend fat free really since the salad it’s healthy enough to afford a 3-5-18 or 20% fat yogurt 😊👍🏼😇
Enjoy it folks! It's delish! 😋😋😋