Just like many people do feel, I do feel a lot more mentally relaxed at weekends and this can bring along a good level of creativeness with it; this is how this quail eggs, mushrooms and bacon as well as many of my very original recipes and ideas are originating and getting created. Yes, I am being very modest here… 😂
I truly love ❤️ love ❤️ weekends and I always look forward to reaching the end of Fridays. This could perhaps be the reason why I always feel like time just flies … with that constant wait for Friday every week.😂
Despite being pretty busy most weekends, they still are my mental battery chargers and the only one thing that would top my weekends is, of course, a holidays, which I always look forward to having, as many as possible (20+/year if possible 😂😂)
I woke up a Saturday a few weeks back and I thought, let me just come up with something nice, taste and sight wise so, this is how this recipe was born. 🤗
It contains quail eggs 🍳 and I find those really cute and fun to cook with. Apart from their cuteness they are apparently really healthy and good for us too!!
Starting my day with a nice breakfast makes me happy and it gives me that positive energy which I need for the day to keep me going especially during the week, so a breakfast like this would definitely cheer me up.
This dish it’s pretty easy to make even during the week and not only at the weekends. A good idea to perhaps help and make it even easier would be to even prepare the ingredients the night before, like cooking them and in the morning just add the eggs and put it in the oven for a few minutes just for the eggs to cook.
A dish like this is pretty consistent and healthy to have at any point in the day as I truly believe this can be served as a breakfast lunch or dinner. Why not?! 🤣 Who says we couldn’t?
Quail eggs, mushrooms and bacon breakfast
- 2 red onions
- 3 springs onions
- 300 g chestnut mushrooms
- 400 g sausages
- 200 g lardons
- 8 quail eggs
- 10 springs parsley
- 100 g mozzarella cheese (grated or cut into cubes)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 C. Make the skillet available/ready.
- Start by chopping the onions the mushrooms and cutting the sausages into small chunks.
- Place the onions into a frying pan along with the chopped mushrooms and the fresh sausages. Set initially on low fire until the sausages start releasing some of their fat. Drizzle a little water if you consider it necessary. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the lardons and the spring onions. Cook on medium fire for further 3-4 min. Turn fire off and set aside. I did not think this dish needs any iol as the sausages and the lardons have more than sufficient.
- Chop the parsley and cut or grate the mozzarella cheese.
- Place everything in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the parsley, the cubed/grated cheese salt and pepper to taste along with a little fresh or dry thyme.
- Break the quail eggs and place one by one scattered around on top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 5 -7 minutes, longet if you are using regular size eggs.
- Take out when ready and serve pretty much straight away. ***