Breakfast winners! That’s what these scrumptious waffles are. They win almost every time there is a choice for breakfast or dessert but especially a breakfast at the weekends. Oh yes! ?
Those waffles are yummy, they are crisp on the outside and puffy and feathery on the inside. Really light and served with a dollop of ice cream and some chocolate sauce it’s all you really want and need.
I do add all sorts of new ingredients all the time and every single time these come out amazing. Okay, I don’t wanna tell you about occasional little waffle kitchen failures which with trial sometimes happens too but we don’t really mind or even notice ?
Talking about ingredients, this recipe has been perfected/perfectioned (not yet a word necessarily I know, but hopefully one day soon as it is a good word, right? and I am so sure you know exactly what I mean). It’s a recipe that I have tried and changed few times and have come to this as the basic recipe to which you could add other bits like nuts, seeds, mushed apples, blueberries or whatever fruits you fancy, either added in or left out to drizzle as a sauce when you eat them.
Amazing stuff anything you may choose. ?
The basic recipe of a nice waffle is this very recipe and trust me it’s going to suffice and it will be saved for ever and ever. Please do let me know if you do/add anything different that may improve the recipe . I’d be very happy to hear from you the reader and maker of this lovely waffles recipe. ?
Here’s the recipe of these scrumptious beauties folks!!
Totally scrumptious waffles
- 430 g flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 35 g cane sugar *
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 110 ml oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml yogurt (full fat) or buttermilk
- 3 tbsp milk (condensed)
- chocolate sauce (I used Hershey's ?)
- 1 handful pecan nuts (chopped and roasted)
- 4-8-12 to as many ice cream scoops as you like 😉
- Chop and toast some pecan nuts.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a large bowl but keep one pinch of salt to beat with egg whites.
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks with the yoghurt, oil, vanilla and the condensed milk and stir to mix slightly.
- In a separate bowl place the egg whites with a pinch of salt and beat until nice and stiff.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg yolks mixture. Whisk a little to homogenize it and then fold in the beaten egg whites.